Huge Clearance issues!!!!

I have a 91 vert lx with a saleen body kit.It is an automatic with 2.5'' unknown H-pipe and 2.5'' flowmaster 3 chamber cat back(no cats).I run Koni single adj. yellows with 16'' ponys and 225/50 Khumo's up front and 245/50 Khumos in the rear

The springs are a mystery,maybe stock but i doubt it.I have less than 2.5'' of clearance from the lowest point of my h-pipe to the pavement! I just had new tires put on and they couldn't put it up on the rack,they had to jack it up manually.I knew it was low but dam,i don't want to rip off my exhaust.

Mabey i can get you kind gentlemen to measure from some point,like the top of fenders,headlights or trunklid to the ground?Along with your lowest point on your exhaust to the ground?Please specify what point of the car you measured from and what springs you are running,struts and shocks and h-pipe and brand?I'm not sure what else to do but get new springs,but i want good road race springs that lower the car the least.Any ideas of a spring that is suitable for mild road racing that lowers the car only 1 inch vs the norm 2.5 inch?Do these exist? Or must i use crappy stock springs to keep from scraping speed bumps and driveways? I wonder if they make an Automatic trans H-pipe that fits up under the car better? My mechanic is kick ass and he said the h-pipe was up there pretty tight. So i figure change the springs and/or the h-pipe? What do you guys think.I know these are alot of questions but i have nowhere to turn.Isn't that what stangnet is about? lol Thanx for reading.

• Sponsors (?)

There could be a couple reasson for this to happen. Probably not the springs, although it could be.

H pipe could be too long, catback flow tubes could of been poorly installed.
Look at it this way, say you have 10 inches of straight space to put an 11 inch pipe. If you kink it in the middle it will go, won't be pretty but it will work.

You can try loosening the h to catback and loosing the h at the headers. Then prop up the connection where the h meets the CB. Then retighten everything.
Just make sure the exhaust going over the axle isn't pushed up against the axle tubes, if it is, the flow tubes on the catback (pipes that go from the h to the muffler) are probably too long.
I had this issue back in the day when i put my once piece bassani x pipe on.

Yeah that does make sense.When i have my gears installed i will have my mechanic try that.I live at an apartment where it is prohibited to work on your car! I was putting on new wires and cap the other day and the dam manager came out and said no working on cars! I replied,im not working im tuning,lol