i came from ricer hell.. help with a 12sec time slip?

• Sponsors (?)

my old stock engine.

t5 swap
stock engine except roller rockers, efan, UD pulleys
headers and full exhaust, and 3.90s turned a 13.9

it was a high 13 but a 13!

a stock stang is very quick if you do it right.

people try and add TBs and upper and lower intakes and stuff which hurts. Stock heads cant take much engine work. Spend the money on the pulleys which WILL help no matter what. and the E-fan. TBs and MAFs dont really do much of anything until you upgrade the heads. once you get heads, all the small stuff. upper lower and TB MAF makes a bigger difference.

a STOCK 5.0 everything stock and untampered will run nicely on the street

all it takes is a set of gears and a good tire with a stickshift and high 13s are very very possible.

hey thanks all..

you have brought me so many ideas.. lol... but keep them coming.. also what kinda of lt headers do you guys recommend..also should i spend the extra money on a centerforce dualfriction over a kc? ive driven a car with it installed and it cought great.but is it too much?

Take a look a few years ago for a member named ERNotch (Im pretty sure that was his name on this board). He had a stock HCI car with bolt ons, 3.73s, suspension and such...

Car went 12.77 @ 105. On the day I ran my 12.56 he was there but only went 13.0s. I have witnessed a few 12.8s out of his car as well. Like stated above, you need some key driving, and the right set of mods... He only dynoed 225 rwhp for those wondering!

mob said:
I understand a good driver is key, but ill never understand how you get 105mph out of a stock motor with bolt ons.

He did it at Atco in cool air, and driving the piss out of it (the ONLY way to drive). I wish I was there that day as the day I ran my 12.5 he went 13.0 @ 101... Going by the difference in track conditions who knows what I could have run on that Atco day! The 105 was only that day, and I think for the most part the car trapped 103 and touched 104 a few times. Fast car though, and if he kept it we were going to go to Atco on another cold day with some tricks, and try going 12.5s with it (alternating drivers, and such).

25thmustang said:
He did it at Atco in cool air, and driving the piss out of it (the ONLY way to drive). I wish I was there that day as the day I ran my 12.5 he went 13.0 @ 101... Going by the difference in track conditions who knows what I could have run on that Atco day! The 105 was only that day, and I think for the most part the car trapped 103 and touched 104 a few times. Fast car though, and if he kept it we were going to go to Atco on another cold day with some tricks, and try going 12.5s with it (alternating drivers, and such).

True, he ran a 13.0 at 101 i ran a 13.6 at 101 with bad traction :D haha ill prob never get 13 flat as i sit though. I guess track conditions plays into it alot, here in florida its really humid, and the track i go to sucks! if youve ever heard anything about orlando speed world, youll hear the grip is the worst. Maybe ill find a nice cold day and hope they prepped the track nicley.

i like my BBK longtubes. spend the money to get the ceramic coated versions if you can, its worth the money, and i wish i would have. i love my king cobra clutch. nitrous is the easy way. a B cam (or trick flow stage 1 if you can), thumper heads, a tmoss ported stock intake (or a performer RPM/gt40 if you can do it), O/R H pipe, gears, slicks (or sticky mickeys, slicks pref.) SFC's, U/L CA's, and some bad ass driving.