• Sponsors (?)

Don't worry about the codes until you verify your distributor is in the right place
The easy way:
Pull all the plugs
Turn the engine over, there are a couple ways of doing this, (key off, in neutral or park, wheels blocked and/or park brake on) jump the solenoid with a screw driver turning the engine over while holding your finger over the #1 spark plug hole till you feel air pushing on your finger and you can see the degrees on the balancer.
with a socket and ratchet move the balancer to top dead center (O mark on the balancer)
The pointer on the rotor should point to the #1 plug wire on the distributor cap. Then you are in the ball park.

Reactions: 1 user
Unbolt the distributor clamp
Slowly pull the distributor up and watch the rotor turn, it will move some, when it quits moving turn the rotor 180°. Example: if the rotor stops moving at about 5 oclock position move the rotor to the 11 oclock position (this is an example, the rotor may move farther, I can't remember)
push the distributor down, you may have to move the rotor a tiny bit to engage the teeth but not much, the rotor should move to the 12 oclock position when the distributor is seated again. Make sure it is pointed at the #1 plug wire.
put the clamp on but not tight because now you will set the timing when the engine starts. You have a timing light right?

Reactions: 1 user
Now pull the spout, set the timing to 12 or 13° btdc and plug the spout back in and you will be doing this :burnout:in no time!
So are there any other pressing issues a genus like me :rolleyes: can help you with? i give great advice on 'why my tires are round' and 'world peace' .
yeah now the car starts right up like a champ but now when im sitting still ( havent driven yet ) it wont rev past 2500 i dont understand ?

still wont rev past 2500 it will drive and start right up now ( i went around the neighborhood) but wont go past 2500, could iy be iac/tps fuel filter ? i have new distributor so i dont think its tfi or pip there brand new no miles on them yet