I hate craigslist

stykthyn

I want to measure mine. It doesn't look that tall.
15 Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
gainesville
I have a complete T5 swap I mean pedals, flywheel, DS, everything for sale on craigslist and the add says that I am not willing to deviate from the price. Lots of interest but no buyers. I get this gem yesterday. We are going to call him "J"

"J"
Yo, I have 100 for ur T5, lemme know.

"Me"

cool yo, get another 200 and its yours.

"J"

LOL, I don't need it that bad.

I mean WTF, why waste valuable e-ink with an email like that :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

dude i know what you mean! when i was first startin on my car it needed a new rear housing. so i got on there and found one in denver wich is a 2 hour drive but o well i needed it you know! well i got there and looked at it but i was still kinda new to the stang game and it was out of an older car so maybe that was y it looked a lil differnt. Nope i was wrong it was a 7.5 i had no idea!! i got boned so a week later and another 4 hour round trip to denver i finally got my 8.8. THANKS Craigslist :notnice:

Ha, you can't knock him for trying. He was probably just looking to flip it.

The wing on my car I got on CL. Transaction actually went really well, and the dude had a badass car. Of course, that's been my only experience with CL.

sold a few things on there...

but you get an asston of low ball offers...

i got trade offers on my lightning of straight up for a 80's street bike... cash offers of 5k...

one guy told me he knew my posi was gone so he offered 8K... i was asking 16K. i was nice enough to send him a picture of the burn out i did a month before i put it up for sale. asking him what was wrong with my posi

look ok to everyone here?
CIMG0082.jpg

I buy stuff off CL all the time, but damn. Asking me about what I am selling, the condition its in, and if it's right for them is one thing. I was jut going to ignore it because he put "yo" but I didnt want to alienate a potential sale just because he dropped out in the 8th grade and learned to speak english watching MTV. But lately I get a bunch a of jack offs that want to give me like .50 cents and bottle cap for my stuff or they say "yeah Bro I am definitely coming to get it tonight I just need my old lady to get paid first."

Ugh its getting disgusting. I'd almost rather deal with the guys sending me emails that they want to buy my car with a piece of construction paper in broken english. Even broken english sounds better than yo or dawg , or hey howz it hangin homie?

i posted my dads 4 banger car and my race car roller on there first time and my last time. my dad has had someone call at like 1:00am asking in broking english wanting to trade so 22 inch rims for the car. i have this place saying they can sell my car telling me to call them back. also wanting to trade my car for a 4 wheelier. i have never had a problem with ebay, but i have had problems with sellers and buyers. i got a (new blackberry) and it was not new off ebay paid with paypal and got my moneyback fast.

I buy and sell on there like a second job...

Recently has been...

-Pool Table
-Hot Tub
-Dining Room Set
-Coffee and end tables
-My 99 F250
-My 27' IMP Express Cruiser

:D

Needless to say you have to feel the person out before you try and make any deals. Selling for me is tougher, as I usually try and meet at public places due to the possability of getting robbed or my house staked out.

Selling for me is tougher, as I usually try and meet at public places due to the possability of getting robbed or my house staked out.

I feel the same way, i occasionally let people meet me at my house, but for the most part ill meet them in the walmart parking lot. Ive made a few sales without even mentioning my name :nice:

just like 25th, i sell/buy stuff there on a regular basis. its not too hard to sort through the morons and get to the people who are half way intelligent. Ive scored some REALLY good deals and sold quite a bit of mustang stuff. But one thing i have learned is to be specific when saying you'll consider trades, because people will offer ANYTHING they have thats worth $1.

I get tired of it sometimes, but its worth it when you score something nicde

I feel the same way, i occasionally let people meet me at my house, but for the most part ill meet them in the walmart parking lot. Ive made a few sales without even mentioning my name :nice:

That's how i do it. First name only and i meet them at a local parking lot the next town over or something. Def don't want t bring someone in where i have all my parts and my car and let them snoop around. I'm very cautious about that.

I screen heavily when i sell. If someone can write me a legible serious email asking for the part, i'll respond. If they reply with "Yo, will you take $10 and my brother's bike?" i don;t even reply. I'll usually pass a few emails call them up and then meet them locally and make the deal.

I've had all good deals so far...and seem to notice that most of the guys who buy from me are in their early 20's and bring their hot girlfriends along with them. I'm telling ya the last 3 people i've sold too i prob would have given the item to them for free for 20 mins with their girl :)

Sorry..i'll be nice. :D

I had my Harley on Craigslist and I couldn't belive how many people would just want to make low ball offers without even seeing it.This is what I send to scamers.

Please respond no further with assistance to be my person in charge. With allocation of said payment shall preclude shipment, I can guarantee to further stated agreement would include further finance charges to be included to include the sum of money to be agreed upon to be paid in advance and only delivered with your agreed upon assistant in person and only if your assistant carries payment with their back and can prove to swim 1,779K without backup for the agreed sum of nothing to be paid in full by you. Your assistant may carry said product with approval and subsequent verification of the ferocity of the Cowardly Lion in the land of Oz. With the help of the Bank of Kukumunga, I further would assist you in obtaining said money order to be shipped duly to my bank of choice with an agreed upon charge to be paid with your cooperation further to assist in this transaction. When money order shall arrive please tell you in where to pay myself to satisfy debt to Shantoloa in the land of Makebelieve. I will shall let me know too please as my sick grandmother is guasto and wishes to no longer use this product today forever. With your agreement of payment in person with cash, Japanese Euro shall suffice, I must ask for your assistance to deposit this into my bank of choice and must you must further pay deposit fee to approve western transfer money union, US funds. I further assure you that this scam will allow your canine to further fornicate with your mother with public and your approval and the further proof of 8X10 glossy fotografia and your canine holding out you with acceptance until you approval to accept. I can prove verification without guarantee and certainty to ungulates suis porcus portuosus malevolentia de dio del gracia. Ere malum de dio del gracia sacellum dactyliotheca d**natio gracarus.

If you cannot guarantee that you to recieve product in person, I can longer none allow further transgresions to be further set upon in obtaining said agreements without said approval of my father, the King of Anastaz who is in fact fictional.

If you can further assist myself in an agreed upon cash settlement, greatness besets you....The Confusion is yours....

I had my Harley on Craigslist and I couldn't belive how many people would just want to make low ball offers without even seeing it.This is what I send to scamers.

Please respond no further with assistance to be my person in charge. With allocation of said payment shall preclude shipment, I can guarantee to further stated agreement would include further finance charges to be included to include the sum of money to be agreed upon to be paid in advance and only delivered with your agreed upon assistant in person and only if your assistant carries payment with their back and can prove to swim 1,779K without backup for the agreed sum of nothing to be paid in full by you. Your assistant may carry said product with approval and subsequent verification of the ferocity of the Cowardly Lion in the land of Oz. With the help of the Bank of Kukumunga, I further would assist you in obtaining said money order to be shipped duly to my bank of choice with an agreed upon charge to be paid with your cooperation further to assist in this transaction. When money order shall arrive please tell you in where to pay myself to satisfy debt to Shantoloa in the land of Makebelieve. I will shall let me know too please as my sick grandmother is guasto and wishes to no longer use this product today forever. With your agreement of payment in person with cash, Japanese Euro shall suffice, I must ask for your assistance to deposit this into my bank of choice and must you must further pay deposit fee to approve western transfer money union, US funds. I further assure you that this scam will allow your canine to further fornicate with your mother with public and your approval and the further proof of 8X10 glossy fotografia and your canine holding out you with acceptance until you approval to accept. I can prove verification without guarantee and certainty to ungulates suis porcus portuosus malevolentia de dio del gracia. Ere malum de dio del gracia sacellum dactyliotheca d**natio gracarus.

If you cannot guarantee that you to recieve product in person, I can longer none allow further transgresions to be further set upon in obtaining said agreements without said approval of my father, the King of Anastaz who is in fact fictional.

If you can further assist myself in an agreed upon cash settlement, greatness besets you....The Confusion is yours....

:rlaugh::lol::rlaugh:
thats great!

Im usually more of a dick about it, if its scammers or just idiots in general

for example, i had some kid tell me he didnt have a job and then he asked me about making payments on something that was $400.

i told him payments were fine, 1 payment of $400.
got no response.

and i have when people ask "what are you looking for to trade?"
i said that i was looking for a delorian, still waiting for a reply :shrug: