I hate craigslist

i have listed several things on CL and on a local site here in Tn: golsn.com . there are WAY to many idiots on these types of sites. negotiating is fine. low balling is ok if its done is a respectful way. i have literally been cussed out full blown paragraph telling me how overpriced and crappy the object is that i am selling. it just amazes me how much free time some of these morons have. i suppose this is what makes them morons :rolleyes:

I have a good one... Might have even posted it here, but I will again.

I was giving away a 1981 25' Wellcraft. I used it up for the parts I wanted, sold some of the good parts, and then decided the hull would be worth something to someone. With free items you get the best of the best CL guys.

So I see an ad. Guy claims he removes boats for free. I send him and email and inquire. In my email I basically state, I am giving the boat away, it is free, but I don't intend to pay for it to be removed. I will simply get rid of it myself. The guy responds that he is free, other than fuel and mileage.

I kindly reply, no thanks, the boat isn't worth the $600 he quoted me to remove it.

He responds by telling me it is illegal to cut fiberglass, and that he will remove it for $300.

I again nicely indicate that it is no worry, I will continue to find a taker, or remove it on my own terms.

He starts to get mad and calls me names. Once again he lowers his price.

Still nice and polite I indicate the boat is not going to have money spent for removal.

He finally comes back and with quite the attitude says he will take it for no charge. Obviously not happening now.

I tell him, all set, the boat is gone (it wasn't). He then sends back that he is going to sue me, as we had a verbal agreement for him to take the boat.

:lol:

Nothing ever came from it, but this guy got extremely worked up over something that should have ended after one email.

• Sponsors (?)

My stang was purchased via a CL ad. The guy was really cool and new his stuff and let me crawl all over the car, pull plugs etc.He had all the receipts like he stated and seemed pretty truthfull about everything. I answered some ads and wasted alot of trips, funny what some people think is "mint" or "good condition" :rolleyes:. I have some stuff to sell but doubt I'll use CL, probally use classifieds and word of mouth, I don't want the hassles.

i have scored some awesome stuff off CL but the only reason i put it on there is bc i dont want to ship larger stuff. even when i had it all for sale on corral people wanted it for 150 shipped. i figure i put a good price on it, but hell everyone thinks if you got something for sale you are the ****ing march of dimes or something.

i have scored some awesome stuff off CL but the only reason i put it on there is bc i dont want to ship larger stuff. even when i had it all for sale on corral people wanted it for 150 shipped. i figure i put a good price on it, but hell everyone thinks if you got something for sale you are the ****ing march of dimes or something.

you're tellin me dude, i listed those spindles i sold you for sale for 100firm and i had at least 4 people offer me 50 or less for them, i mean wtf

you're tellin me dude, i listed those spindles i sold you for sale for 100firm and i had at least 4 people offer me 50 or less for them, i mean wtf

prolly cause you can get them at the pick and pull for $40

i mean im goin this week to get a set of pi heads for $57 at the jy.. i can take the cams it i want as well..

me and bk_homo*** got us a whole 5 lug swap kit from the yard i think for $145 lines rotors spindles axles i mean everything, and you see people on craigs list wanting $500 for it, i mean i would just go to the yard..

prolly cause you can get them at the pick and pull for $40

i mean im goin this week to get a set of pi heads for $57 at the jy.. i can take the cams it i want as well..

me and bk_homo*** got us a whole 5 lug swap kit from the yard i think for $145 lines rotors spindles axles i mean everything, and you see people on craigs list wanting $500 for it, i mean i would just go to the yard..

these were machined for a bumpsteer kit and had been bead blasted and coated in high temp enamle, and they still cost me $45 each, not sure what yard you can get those for $40 a pair

funny what some people think is "mint" or "good condition" :rolleyes:.

Yup, i've come to realize my definition of "mint" is not what a lot on CL think mint is.

I've been trying to find a set of Inifniti 19" OEM wheels. Went to check out a few where the wheels were listed as "MINT, like new" only to find wheels curbed up and discolored or basically what I would consider "good enough for the spare tire well"

A lot of these low-ball offers are people who aren't that serious trying to see what they can get. I knew a guy that used to flip cars like that, he would buy real low and sell at market price. He said you keep cash on hand at all times, don't get your heart set on anything, and be patient. I can tell you he picked up some nice cars dirt cheap.

Often people are desparate for cash and will settle for a whole lot less than they are asking.

I had my Harley on Craigslist and I couldn't belive how many people would just want to make low ball offers without even seeing it.This is what I send to scamers.

Please respond no further with assistance to be my person in charge. With allocation of said payment shall preclude shipment, I can guarantee to further stated agreement would include further finance charges to be included to include the sum of money to be agreed upon to be paid in advance and only delivered with your agreed upon assistant in person and only if your assistant carries payment with their back and can prove to swim 1,779K without backup for the agreed sum of nothing to be paid in full by you. Your assistant may carry said product with approval and subsequent verification of the ferocity of the Cowardly Lion in the land of Oz. With the help of the Bank of Kukumunga, I further would assist you in obtaining said money order to be shipped duly to my bank of choice with an agreed upon charge to be paid with your cooperation further to assist in this transaction. When money order shall arrive please tell you in where to pay myself to satisfy debt to Shantoloa in the land of Makebelieve. I will shall let me know too please as my sick grandmother is guasto and wishes to no longer use this product today forever. With your agreement of payment in person with cash, Japanese Euro shall suffice, I must ask for your assistance to deposit this into my bank of choice and must you must further pay deposit fee to approve western transfer money union, US funds. I further assure you that this scam will allow your canine to further fornicate with your mother with public and your approval and the further proof of 8X10 glossy fotografia and your canine holding out you with acceptance until you approval to accept. I can prove verification without guarantee and certainty to ungulates suis porcus portuosus malevolentia de dio del gracia. Ere malum de dio del gracia sacellum dactyliotheca d**natio gracarus.

If you cannot guarantee that you to recieve product in person, I can longer none allow further transgresions to be further set upon in obtaining said agreements without said approval of my father, the King of Anastaz who is in fact fictional.

If you can further assist myself in an agreed upon cash settlement, greatness besets you....The Confusion is yours....

I'm going to copy+paste that five hundred times and forward it to Congress as a Bill and see if they pass it. :D

I don't bother going to the boneyard anymore unless it's something unique i need. Making a profit selling parts i get doesn't always work out.

Needed an explorer intake. Local u-pull-it wanted $45 for one, but i had to pull it. It's 20 degrees outside.

So, instead of spending a few hours in a muddy snow-filled junkyard, covered in grease and dragging my tools 200 yards around the yard, i looked on CL and found a guy in the next city with one. Met up in a local parking lot bought one for $75 where someone already did the work for me.

Mike, I think that works for the unlucky guys who are either layed off, or have a lot of time on their hands. For the two hours or so of time I would need to drive there, do the work, drive home, and the mileage coverage, I would need to make hundreds in profit.

I'm selling some parts for my father and freinds on CL. One I'm looking to make $300-600 profit, and then my fathers stuff I should make 10%, as he doesn't care what he gets for the stuff. No work other than weeding through the CL guys, so for me, thats worth it.

t5 transnizzle
Date:
01/14/2010 04:04 AM

To:

Cc:

um yez, hey like i got a couple of stray cats i can trade you man, i mean one aint got no leg but itz all good,

i mean let me know ###-###-####

here is another that I just got. We had already agreed upon the price of naked pics of his sister but he keeps trying to lowball me. :notnice:

What the hell is wrong with me? This thread inspired me to put my old axles up for sale on CL. I'm almost excited to see what weird offers I get.

t5 transnizzle
Date:

To:

Cc:

um yez, hey like i got a couple of stray cats i can trade you man, i mean one aint got no leg but itz all good,

here is another that I just got. We had already agreed upon the price of naked pics of his sister but he keeps trying to lowball me. :notnice:

Hahahaha. I don't know why, but I'm hearing the Ladies Man voice in my head when I read that.

t5 transnizzle
Date:

To:

Cc:

well i has no pics, and im not going to take any lol you bunch of pervz..