I hate removing old tint!!

Mstng93SSP

You have a nice rear end there Dave.
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Mililani, Hawaii
My rear window tint was purple and bubbling. I hated it. So, I did what everyone said worked with heat gun etc. Well.....it was NOT easy and took me a couple of hours to get 95% of it off due to the rear window defroster. I might just leave the rear window untinted.

20220224_133630.jpg

20220427_183053.jpg

20220427_183354.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Tint it.
I have a hatch with slats, the window has defrost but not hooked up, I'll try without tint and see but likely gonna do it, every one I know of with defrost the tint starts bubbling, just take a long time.
Oh, and I have a garage, Florida ya know.
We all make sacrifices :cool:

I took the tint off my car a few years ago, personally i don't miss it.
I didn't realize how childish it looked until i took it off (the worst is tint on the windshield it just looks dumb).
The key might be a light tint so it looks closer to a factory job.
But the really dark limo tint is just too black, looks unnatural.

I’m likely going to pull my tint off in the future anyway. I don’t have it on the quarter windows as I’ve replaced those, but the tint on my doors and hatch is very light. 45% or so. I’ll prob go tintless. I’ve stopped tinting my daily drivers.

However I’m looking hard for a hatch glass with a functional rear defrost grid. Body shop that painted my car back in 2000 destroyed it removing the window for some reason. My stupid kid ass never did anything about it.

Yeah, I don’t drive in the winter but I want everything on my car functional 100%.

Reactions: 1 users
Guy at work has an AMG C63 with double 5% on the sides and 20% on the windshield. No idea how he sees out of that thing. The windshield looks essentially painted black. It looks silly.

IMHO it ruins the vehicle. A nice smoke in the 35% range looks great.

Generally I don't like the windshield top line being tinted, but my current truck I bought used (1 year old) and it already had that tint above the line on the windshield and while I hate the look it does offer tons of functionality in keeping the glare down on the bright silver trim on my console. If you have a current gen chevy or GMC truck, you know what I'm talking about. Here in TX if you don't have tinted windows it gets really hot in the cars, but I hate very dark tint as I want to be able to see. When I get my coupe back it will have a light tint all the way around, including the T-Top glass (except windshield).