I hate removing old tint!!

That solid line the tint leaves looks ridiculous.
A few weeks back a guy at a local bagel shop pulled up in a porsche cayman with the windshield tinted, looked like he borrowed the car from a teenage son.
No, that would be his teenage DAUGHTER,, The cayman is a " girls " porsche....
Watch the " 2 1/2 men episode" where Allen buys one..... Hilarious.......

• Sponsors (?)

I guess I’m in the minority but I think that tint makes most vehicles look much better. I mean, most come with the rear tinted so it makes sense (to me) to match them (20%). Added benefits are privacy and keeping the temp down. I do enjoy a windshield banner because it’s helps tremendously with sun glare. My friends tint their entire windshields and do limo tint on the sides and rear then complain about not being able to see at night. Now that’s silly.

Reactions: 1 user
Even as a kid I always hated driving in tinted cars. They look nice, but I hate having my vision impaired by anything!
Especially these days, a foxbody is a small lightweight car by modern standards with little to no safety devices in a world where the majority of vehicles sold are full size 6000lb monsters driven by people texting and on the phone. Clear vision should be a priority

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Plus 1 for the steamer method also dawn dish soap and patience to let it soak will help with any glue residue, I've found it to work better than goo gone etc, just messy. I have split the difference and gone with really light tint to get the uv protection for the rest of the interior Nice Car!.

I got it all off. Looks so much better. I did have to use a razor blade a few places. Wasn't too bad.

20220429_093903.jpg

20220429_093944.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
When using a razorblade to clean or remove stickers from glass, the secret is a NEW blade ( even mulitiple new ones) and LUBRICANT... Windex, glass cleaner, or even water in a spray bottle will help prevent the blade from scratching the glass... And don't be a tightwad.. If your razor blade even thinks about getting dull, replace it.....
Scratched a BRAND new windshield I had just installed when I was doing Auto Glass for a living by using a used razor blade... Bad day for me.......