I thought my car was finished!!

Deece

Sep 16, 2005
:damnit: This is what my car looked like when I got it about 9 Mo ago...
86stang.jpg

86stang2.jpg

Here are acouple I just took (sorry its getting dark out)

stang014.jpg

stang002.jpg

DSCF0672.jpg

So here is the deal I got the car like 9 mo ago. Did a few alot of upgrades plus the bunch the guy who had it before me did. I got it with like no miles on the motor or trans and a bunch of bolt ons. So here is the problem. After nine Mo. of work 3 just at the body shop. I finally get it all together and 80 short miles later it seems that I dropped a rod. The motor was a rebuilt unit from a suposedly reputable aftermarket company. (Name withheld until I double check receipt, I don't want to start accidently cussing out the wrong Co.) It was not even broken in yet. I am so pissed of you can not even imagine. I have not beat on it all all if thats what anyone is thinking. I just needed to vent. I don't even want to begin totalling up receipts for what I have into it let alone time. So I figured that I would put up some pics cause this thing is going into long term storage for a while. I will put up some more tomarrow when you can actually see the car. I don't mind the idea of dropping in a bigger motor but christ I would have liked to put a few on this one first.

Attachments

• 86stang.jpg
    86stang.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 49
  • stang002.jpg
    stang002.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 48
  • stang014.jpg
    stang014.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 86stang2.jpg
    86stang2.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCF0672.jpg
    DSCF0672.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 55
  • Sponsors (?)

sounds bad, but look at the bright side, you have a sick car, that you just put an azz load of money in, so imo the hard parts done... just mabye get a little crazy and build like a 331 or something... i dunno, have fun with it and take youre time. lol, sorry, but thats all i can really tell you. man, that must suck though, get to the bottom of it and raise some hell!

Thats kinda how I feel, but I am just not ready to plunk down for a new motor. I was thinking 331 or possibly a 408 but am unsure about how much I would have to change. Also going back and forth about efi or carbing it. too many descionions I am gonna wait till I get it apart to see how bad it really is.

Got some more shots of it

Here are a few more shots of it. not much sun out and car is pretty dirty but you get the idea

6.jpg

5.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 52
Nooooo Not the '86 nosseee!!... Oh wait.. kept it 4eye:nice: and OOOHH '82 Nose :drool::drool::drool: NICE.. Sorry to hear about the engine. Hopefully it may be something small.. and covered?? Do shops cover work they do? Meaning if the reputable shop did the engine.. and something they did went wrong.. they should be held liable..

Wasn't done by a shop guy I bought the car from put it in, he bought the motor like 2 or 3 years ago but never had it on the road. I bought it just how it looked in the first pics from him. I have the reciept but can't find the stack right now. I'm still gonna call them. I doubt that they will do anything I'm sure its out of warranty and the slip is not even in my name. I will however post who they are once I double check. Yeah I know I am gonna check a little garbage about the nose, but I fell in love with it when I saw my first one. Buddy of mine bought one like 10 years ago and I tried begging it off him many times (the silver one PIMTOUT posts) but I also wanted a vert. I used to have an 85 but it was a big P.O.S. thought it would be cool to see an 82 vert but Ford never made one either. Only have seen 2 other cars with it, one was the Dugan Racing one that used to be on the back of their cataloque.

I gotcha.., Once again, sorry to hear about the engine. The '82 Nose is by far one of the best 4eye noses..... Ey You left it 4 eye so I don't think you will get any slack.. None from me atleast:nice: :SNSign: BEAUTIFUL Vert. I think the nose is what brings it out more.:nice:

Im not positive but I was told they are stock LX seats I want to change them however. They are in real nice shape but I kinda want a set of corbeaus

On a side note I want to thank a few people that helped out from the board too

Mansonozz for the MC

Jricher for some wheel tech

Pimtout for helping out anytime I ran over with some dumb question

and anyone else that lent some info

Dude, that is, seriously, one of the all-time best looking custom Stangs I have ever seen.:jaw: That's right up there with Mansonozz's in my "Best Looking 'Verts" list. Mega props to you. Good luck with the motor.

:nice:

so what kinda noise you got? I broke a rocker stud once and thought i dropped a valve. Dug into it yet to see whats up?

Thanks for all the comments guys. I really appreciate it. I'm not too pissed about this yet I figure I'll get a chance to get my engine bay done. As for the noise it sounds like a connection rod getting the **** beat out of it by a crank... I thought it was a pushrod but it kept getting louder and louder. I stopped by a buddy's shop (mechanic) and started it. After about a half second he said shut it down figured it spun a bearing and lost the rod. He was like 100 percent sure in a half second. i'll take his word he's been a mechanic all his life

i know this is a old thread but i love :jaw: the look of your car. :D

to change the front nose.

you need the...

bumper
the hood
and??
i want to do the same to my 83? would i need diffrent front fenders?