Fox I wrecked 90' Gt

Fair

May 21, 2018
Tucson
So long story short I hit a curb when turning, I had been going about 40. I took it to a frame and body shop and they said they couldn't fix it. then said they could then called back and said they cant. So they said the k member was bent and that where it mounts is pushed up and back. the whole wheel sits about 4 inches farther back nowI'm wondering if it can be and they didn't want to and if I should just take it to another place before giving up on the car.

there is no body damage all damage is underneath, Insurance doesn't know it happened.

• Sponsors (?)

After growing up around a body shop (I hate bodywork, go figure) and from what I've see and the rebuilt stuff I've read about over the years I can definitively say yes it can be fixed. I can't speak for the shop that you contacted but they likely don't want to, just from the description I would say it will be expensive.

It probably can be fixed but at what cost?? If the wheel is sitting that far back, you've probably got to replace all of the suspension on that side, cross member and I'm sure that rail and shock tower are toast. I bet that fender is damaged from the wheel and tire. Post some pics of the damage.

Did they offer to buy it when they said it couldnt be fixed ?

Almost anything with the front end can be fixed. It may need a donor car for that section of the frame rail with the strut tower attached.

Pics would really help.

Turning at 40mph :confused: we call that donuts, or drifting, or a sideshow.... when i hit my curb i was trying to go straight.... but... the curb just jumped out there... right in front of me... nothing i could do :shrug:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
It CAN be fixed. Trust me.

All's it takes is time and money!

Depends on your attachment to the car. Without a really extensive set of tools, it might be easier to replace.

Read the first post and skimmed the responses:

Seems to me that problem that they highlighted is the k-member. The reason that this is an issue is probably because they are no longer produced. That doesn't mean that [you] can't replace it.

It really all comes down to time. Pulling the k-member and having the what remains 'straightened' before sub-frames are installed, might get you pretty close.

Pictures in this thread would help an awful lot.