I'm joining Chris...delivered tomorrow

drakesdad

Jul 29, 2005
Oregon OHIO
Well after looking for quite some time I finally found one that got me.....not the color that I wanted but it will be fine.....my father had one back in the day and I remember him letting me steer it...........been looking for something just to cruise in without the tempation to floor it....lol

• Sponsors (?)

That looks clean...congrats. It will make a great weekend cruiser for sure.

What is the driveline?

289 engine...auto trans but I don't know if it's a C4 or what.........have no idea of the gearing.......looks like I will have some researching to do once it gets here..lol

I know my dad had Cragars on his......so I know they will go on........and duals....

thanks all for the comments......I'm pretty stoked...I've passed up several in the past 3 years but felt it was time to get one.....

right on brother!

yours looks like it is in good condition

is that also a 1967?

these guys seem to have to most parts for them: http://www.dearbornclassics.com/

and this is a good forum for us: http://www.fordmuscle.com/

and another fairlane site: http://www.woodyg.com/fairlane/

Thanks for the sites Chris..I was looking last night for sites and parts..
It is a 66.....and seller states 76K original.....I will have to verify that if it is possible with a carfax...but as you know, they don't roll over at 100K.....You and I may have to meet up Chris....plan is to get her travel ready and take it down to Virginia to show pop in person.....be going right through Maryland....:D

It is a 66.....and seller states 76K original.....I will have to verify that if it is possible with a carfax...but as you know, they don't roll over at 100K.....You and I may have to meet up Chris....plan is to get her travel ready and take it down to Virginia to show pop in person.....be going right through Maryland....:D

i think pops will FULLY enjoy this. who knows, might even be a tear jerker :nice:

You should dig-up a nice 390fe and a C6 for that. I'll bet Chris would give you a good deal on the one that's prolly coming out of his F'lane. ;)

My dad had a very low mileage 66 Galaxie convertible a few years ago. It was "Springtime Yellow". It's a nice color for these cars. At 100mph, it felt like you were going 45. Gotta give love to the "big body" Fords!

Nice score! :nice:

BTW--Chris, is there anything new with yours? Is the bodywork finished? I can't wait to see it "done".

Dude dropped it off a hour ago.....I don't think the oil has been changed since 91 but damn if it does not idle good...just a little bit of a miss but it handles great..have to look at the soft brakes.

Car has a hood lock by the dash and had some type of alarm/kill switch that was run to the coil.....inside the car is the CHIT......
Only problems are the rear wheel wells will need some work due to the rusting under the chrome trim and a dent in trunk and fender....

You should dig-up a nice 390fe and a C6 for that. I'll bet Chris would give you a good deal on the one that's prolly coming out of his F'lane. ;)
i very well might entertain that idea
BTW--Chris, is there anything new with yours? Is the bodywork finished? I can't wait to see it "done".
the 2nd priming was done last week, it is apparently very close to paint :banana:

I do not know if you can look up older cars on carfax? I tried looking up my old 66chevy I had in the early 90's about 5yrs ago. The vin was not long enough or something carfax just kept going nuts. That was Chevy though so maybe ford is diff.

I dont think I will even try..the car has sat from 91....the title from the seller shows 2/15/08....so he bought it from the estate just to sell.....he said he did not change the fluids or anything and I let it run for some time tonight and never saw any smoke....The original owners paperwork and all were in the car....

That makes it kind of like a time capsule, then. That's cool!

When I bought my Fairlane, years ago, it had been sitting for 12 years. There was a 12 year old McDonalds bag and FF container in it. One that we hadn't seen in....well...12 years. The style had changed, quite a bit. It was neat.

The cars from the mid to late 60's are absolutely the coolest.