Im too Honest

tjmaxx

Member
Jun 21, 2004
157
3
19
Today I went to the bank the depost a couple checks in my checking account. I knew it only had maybe $100 in it. So I ask the guy how much do I have in there? He tells me $3600:jaw: I was like no thats my savings. He said no your savings has $3500 and your checking has $3600. I told him that wasnt right and he was like well thats what it says. I didnt want to get anyone fired so I told him to double check. He came back and said I was right it only had like $94 in it and that $3600 was my total. I could have withdrawled it right then:bang: Then he went to do something with one of the checks I gave him. Which was weird cause it was only a $15 check:shrug: He then came back and said he thought it was a $1500 check and he almost gave me that:D I was like damn I could have made out pretty well today, lol. Well if I wasnt such an honest person I could have atleast walked out of there with the $3600 but I would hate to think about it being my fault someone lost there job. I thought I would share my once in a life time experience with you guys.
 
Yeah just like a gas station I stopped at last night had 87 octane for $2.25 or so, 89 for 2.35, and 93 for $0.000...:jaw:

I wish I was an *******, cause I would have filled my tank and left for free. But I thought about how pissed off everyone would be when they realized what had happened, and I dont like ripping people off.
 
Yup, no such thing as free money....even if he gave you that money, you'd be giving it back eventually. But, that idiot should get fired. You may feel bad about it when it works to your favor, but wait until next time and you deposit a $500 check, he puts in $5 and you overdraw your account. You'll be wanting his ass fired then!
 
They would have noticed the mistake and traced it back to you. After that they would have debit'd the money from your accounts to cover what was taken. There is no such thing as a free lunch ;)
 
BurningRubber said:
Yeah just like a gas station I stopped at last night had 87 octane for $2.25 or so, 89 for 2.35, and 93 for $0.000...:jaw:

I wish I was an *******, cause I would have filled my tank and left for free. But I thought about how pissed off everyone would be when they realized what had happened, and I dont like ripping people off.


For your situation they would have had to give it to you. Well they might not have had to give it to you, but they would have probably so they dont get a bad rep.

Yea I figured something bad would have happened to him and me:shrug: So I did what was right.