Insane lope. Just picked up a 500rwhp car, need to make idle smoother.

Liquidshadow22

Apr 9, 2003
Insane lope. Just picked up a 500rwhp car, need to make idle smoother.

Hey,

I just picked up a 500rwhp blown car. There are stage 3 ported trick flow heads on there with a stage 3 trick flow cam from what he told me. He said that bumping up the timing could make my idle a bit smoother.

I'm thinking that I will just need to get a stage 2 blower cam. Anyone have any suggestions as to which cam I should get. Also, any idea how much hp I would lose from downgrading?

Right now I'm working on getting this car street legal but I'm going to address this issue very soon. Any idea how much a cam install costs?

It's sucking down gas now so I figure I'll save some gas too. More importantly it seems to be on the border of stalling out in the valleys of the idle.

lmk.

Jason

• Sponsors (?)

Man... if it's setup with all of that then my guess would be that smog compliance is somewhere over here: X and that motor somwhere waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over here: X

hehe

I personally have really been happy with the Stage II performance in a blower car. I was told it was a AFM B-41 but the power output I have been disappointed with.

If you have a car with that much potential and it needs to be street driven go with a custom cam. You get great power output, and drivability which is sounds like you need.

www.flowtechinduction.com