installed roush supercharger ,,still a turd!

footbrake

Aug 28, 2009
Ok let me try to keep this short. I bought an 06 gt a few weeks ago and it was so slow I couldn't stand it I drove another just to make sure nothing was wrong with it, and it is normal. I bought a Roush M90 supercharger and installed it with the roush tune and no other mods to car.
It felt better but still much slower than my procharged 95 mustang.

I took it to the track this morning and made a pass.
9.91 at 81.6 MPH 1/8 mile!!!!!!!!!!! What the crap!!!!!!!!
My brother 2005 automatic with just 4.10 gears CAI and a tune runs that!!!!!!!
The drag math says this thing is about 300 hp at the wheels.
I checked and yes it is getting the full 5 psi boost and the plugs look good.
granted I was being conservitive with it, but still thats a bunch of crap.
If this is how these 3v are i'll stick with the old faithfull 5.0L

I now have $20,000 in the slowest mustang I have ever owned:notnice:

Help before I sell this peice of crap and put the money into my 95 5.0l

• Sponsors (?)

I have a kb 2.6 running 10 psi on a 3v, (500 ish hp) and it screams like a bat out of hell. You should be in the 400 to 420 hp range with that setup. It's likely the tune and the boost level, 5 psi isn't a lot. Is it intercooled? If so, take it to a tuner, swap out the pulley for a smaller pulley (8 psi I don't know what's out there for a M90), and have him tune it There may be canned tunes available from various places. If not, you might be able to get away with 7 psi. Beyond that, there is only so much you can get out of an M90, that is about the smallest sc out there for a 3v.

Get a tune from VMP (florida) or JDM (new jersey), their kits both include a smaller pulley, and CAI and a tune. They make a huge difference in both throttle response and power. The Roush tune is known for being conservative. A stock m90 car should be around 360 rwhp. The VMP and JDM tunes both will get you another 40 hp or so.

9.91 in the 1/8 is about 15.44 in the 1/4 that's rather funny, unless your at Bandimere, then it makes sense. Only mod I did to my 08 GT was the M90 and it made 371 rwhp. That's with the Roush tune. It's since gone on to exhaust cams etc etc . Point is unless your at Bandimere, a 9.91 in the 1/8 is either a Camaro owner saying crap to insight an argument or piss poor driving. But what do I know. Oh I did have a 2 top 95 Cobra with an old S-Trim and back then I thought it was fast. on 8psi it ran 13.20's, I've gone 11.40's with my wee little M90 making 9psi, humm, oh that is 1002 feet above sea level though.