Is 325 To Expensive For A Edelbrock Performer

JHc90SSP

Nov 5, 2016
Hey all, I'm checking out Craigslist and came across a used performer manifold and curious what a good price would be. It's been painted black and a little rough looking but ive seen them new for $700+. I'm looking to pick up parts such as manifold, heads, cam, TB,and such. would this also work well with AFR 165 heads and the like? I've got alot of questions being new to the fox and ford platforms, but I'll start here. Thanks in advance for the replies.

• Sponsors (?)

maybe an explorer intake but not a cobra or real gt40. plus the edelbrock would give you more horsepower and torque. also the edelbrock will be easier to install than the explorer gt40. less vacuum hoses to hook up or plug plus more space between the upper and valve covers. idid an explorer swap on my 95 gt.

I've run both on the same engine. Untouched they both flow close enough to not really make a difference. If you were to get into porting the performer would outflow a ported gt40 style intake. At that point I would just be shopping for something that flowed better anyway. My money is on the explorer. Cheaper and you don't have to send off to Summit for gaskets. Just my. 02

Reactions: 1 user
i have an explorer intake on my 95 gt now but the engine that i put in the car had an edelbrock with a cracked upper. i have a video of the car that the engine came out of. it was real strong. i still have the lower so i probably order a new upper for it. i paid 600 for the engine with 80000 miles with a bbk cai edelbrock intake and elbow a 70mm pp throttle body computer ccrm fan and radiator wiring harness and ac system