Is A Head, Cam And Vortech Safe On A Stock Bottom?

The other big restraint is gonna be your trans....I think the 3650 is rated to 390 ft lbs....so if you wanna run a daily driver at 500hp plan on a trans swap too...that's honestly keeping me from getting more out of my 2v. I'll end up dropping another $10k to get into that 550-600 range I'd love to have. While a t56 swap is common and not too difficult....it is costly....especially if you wanna ever push big numbers on the dyno. It's a balance of what u want vs. The money you're going to drop into a car that is only worth $10k. I'm honestly stuck at this point...go 5.0, terminator, or complete build all over again. Weigh out ur options before you start dropping money. Where in NJ are you?

• Sponsors (?)

The trans much like the rear end isn't really going to become an issue at that level until you start putting the power to the pavement. It's torque and traction that kill most of them....not so much horsepower. Though spinning tires may be hard on the wallet, it's probably saving you from an expensive transmission repair.

It would just seem to make sense if someone is planning on dropping that kind of money and looking to make horsepower you would want it on the ground....if you want a tire spinner just change ur gears and call it a day. And its not like a 4 banger with a turbo that makes 380hp and 250 ft lbs of torque....our numbers are pretty close in comparison

It would just seem to make sense if someone is planning on dropping that kind of money and looking to make horsepower you would want it on the ground....if you want a tire spinner just change ur gears and call it a day. And its not like a 4 banger with a turbo that makes 380hp and 250 ft lbs of torque....our numbers are pretty close in comparison
While this is for the most part true, the rate at which it's delivered is going to vary. A Centrifugal blown 2V isn't going to apply it nearly as early or violently as one running a Positive Displacement blower or nitrous. Even most turbo set ups are going to have a measurable enough amount of lag before the power comes on to save most drivetrain components from the kind of shock only two screws/rotors or a healthy shot of giggle gas can put out.

Step over to the 5.0L OHV crowd. There are plenty of guys with stock T5's with torque capacities far inferior to the TR3650 living long, long lives behind blown and/or stroked 300-500hp engines.

Like I said....it's all in how it's put to the pavement. The harder it pours on, the harder it's going to be on drivetrain parts.

I'm not saying it isn't a good idea.....just that I wouldn't put it near the top of my list of priorities unless one was planning to see a lot of track use, or continuously drive the supreme hell out of their car. In which case the entire drivetrain should be addressed....not just the transmission.