Is This Et Slow For My Mph?

Auto Reverse

Jul 22, 2003
Buffalo, NY
Can you guys give it to me straight and tell me if this ET is slow for my MPH? I'm running on MT ET Streets and/or Nitto NT05's. This run was with a 125 shot. Also, I have adjustable shocks and struts. When drag racing how should I set them up? Stiff or loose on certain wheels? I'm a newb at this and I just want to be as competitive as possible? I know this slip is old but the car is unchanged and I'm getting back into the hobby. Thanks for the help.

7610340041_large.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Manual. TKO-600. Any insight on setting up the adjustable suspension? I also want to mention I'm no running on sleeks or anything, just street trim. I've also read that when running on drag radials you don't necessarily need to do a huge burnout and launch at 4000 RPM. Is learning the sweet spot to launch by getting superior clutch and accelerator pedal action more beneficial?

I've been called out by a lot of new Coyote 5.0's and I want to run them N/A. I've driven several friends new 5.0's, and while they're fast, it's a different feel. Hard to explain.

Manual. TKO-600. Any insight on setting up the adjustable suspension? I also want to mention I'm no running on sleeks or anything, just street trim. I've also read that when running on drag radials you don't necessarily need to do a huge burnout and launch at 4000 RPM. Is learning the sweet spot to launch by getting superior clutch and accelerator pedal action more beneficial?

I've been called out by a lot of new Coyote 5.0's and I want to run them N/A. I've driven several friends new 5.0's, and while they're fast, it's a different feel. Hard to explain.

Running quick ETs with a manual trans takes lots of practice finding the "sweet spot", as you called it. Bringing up the rpms, slipping the clutch just right, and banging those powershifts!