Is This The Correct Bbk Cold Air Intake

Martman

Jun 20, 2016
Louisville, KY
So found this in the spare tire recess after I bought the car a few months ago. Have not tried to put it on but the conical open air filter is already on the car. If it is the right one I would look at putting it on so I could at least get the filter covered from the open engine compartment. All searching I have done I don't see any 91 gt (or fox body for that matter) bbk air intakes through the years like this.

bbkintake.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I'd say no, I was under the impression they all went in the fender.
Regardless, find a stock air box, put a panel filter in it and be done with it.

Well I know back in the mid 90s a lot of them had the conical filter in the engine compartment and had like a guard to keep the fan wash down but I just can't even find a bbk that is made like this for any vehicle really. It appears to have the mounting tab(s) that would mount to the fender well. But who knows. I will buy a cheapo from LMR or American Muscle as my stock intake tube is getting wore out as well.

I believe it is correct, you are just missing pieces unless some are installed.

The two tabs on the shield connect to the two rubber gromets coming off the fender. They cover the air filter so it pulls air somewhat from the fender.

That particular version has long been discontinued as they tend to use plastics instead now. It would look something like this installed
17685_2011-2012_mustang_5.0_bbk_black-out-series_cold_air_intake_medium.jpg

I personally wouldn't run it. Stock airbox is much better and won't heat up like that chrome bbk intake will

Understood and will purchase a new CAI when I get the important stuff worked out. Thanks for the info everyone. I need to figure out the vibrations at 60mph and over. Since it is oscillating I think I have a second or third order vibration.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Don't know about ' second or third order' vibrations but here is my check list vibrations in order of expense/difficulty: balance tires, make sure they check that the wheel is true, rotate drive shaft making sure you do not have excess up and down movement at the slip yoke or pinion, balance drive shaft, may not be issue because you stated it is new, the shop will tell you if u joints are good, rear axels, even the smallest 'wobble' may vibrate.