JMS Velocity kit VS MPH Mongoose kit?

^Well I know of ALOT of great tuners that have repeat engine failures on stock motor 2Vs. (some personally) I think the difference is his concern with safetly vs the other guys whos only concern is great #s.
I understand what your saying, but Tim pulls of the impossable alot of times.

Amazing #s for the combo (not just dyno #s, but the cars run STRONG at the track too), and unequalled safety in the tunes. Its like hes found an amazing ballence between the 2. Not magic ofcourse....just alot of know how I guess.

Thats what makes him IMHO the best 2V/4V mustang tuner in the nation (that I know of) . Everyone has opinions ofcourse....

• Sponsors (?)

correct:nice:

Install is extra though.

Install not included for the Vortech kit? Their KB Mongoose kit lists install as included.

Slightly related,

Their KB mongoose kit is listed on their site as $6650, including install, tune, and shipping (they install it and ship it? tricky :p). You can get the kit direct from KB for 5 grand, with an iffy chip. So, install + tune = $1650? Does that seem overpriced to anyone?

I wouldn't believe too much of the hype. ANY mail order tune can be off a little because of the way they are done. You can't fine tune the MAF curve on a mail order tune, so you depend on the curve supplied with the MAF. Each MAF can have some variances in it, so you can only get so accurate without dyno or road tuning it. Contrary to popular belief, Tim does not have magical tuning abilities that enable him to create the "best" tunes out there. He follows the same procedures any good tuner out there does. More than likely if you compared the tunes of MPH and JMS the would be nearly identical, for the same setup.

I totally agree. Mail order tunes FTL. Tuning on the dyno is a must. MPH or not.

geoffsgt said:
Their KB mongoose kit is listed on their site as $6650, including install, tune, and shipping (they install it and ship it? tricky ). You can get the kit direct from KB for 5 grand, with an iffy chip. So, install + tune = $1650? Does that seem overpriced to anyone?

Shipping means the price from KB to MPH. They charge that to you (nothing's free nowadays) when you do the install.

MPH will NOT "drop ship," meaning send the KB to you after a purchase. In order to get it by mail, you need to order directly from KB. Dealers must install it.

The JMS Velocity kit is the better deal...upgraded injectors and MAF for $100 less. There are a few guys who bought that kit over on Corral and they had no issues and got great service. If your gonna get a dyno tune then get the kit that has better parts for less $$$$

^Well I know of ALOT of great tuners that have repeat engine failures on stock motor 2Vs. (some personally) I think the difference is his concern with safetly vs the other guys whos only concern is great #s.
I understand what your saying, but Tim pulls of the impossable alot of times.

Amazing #s for the combo (not just dyno #s, but the cars run STRONG at the track too), and unequalled safety in the tunes. Its like hes found an amazing ballence between the 2. Not magic ofcourse....just alot of know how I guess.

Thats what makes him IMHO the best 2V/4V mustang tuner in the nation (that I know of) . Everyone has opinions ofcourse....

I totally agree. With MPH, safety comes first. It's not about being the cheapest or necessarily about making the best #s. NONE of his Mongoose kits has ever blown a motor. This isn't hype. It's facts and has been proven.

I personally think unless anyone has done business with either, they really are in no position to judge and tell us how their stuff works. I would ask for opinions from their customers.

I totally agree. With MPH, safety comes first. It's not about being the cheapest or necessarily about making the best #s. NONE of his Mongoose kits has ever blown a motor. This isn't hype. It's facts and has been proven.

I personally think unless anyone has done business with either, they really are in no position to judge and tell us how their stuff works. I would ask for opinions from their customers.

I haven't done business with either, but I am in a position to tell people how a tune works. I was not judging anyone.

will anything happen to a stock mustang with a few minor bolt ons and tune, will the mongoose kit brake the engine or the transmission.....

There is no guarentee the engine will last with 400WHP or even 350WHP. But you CAN make it safer by tuning the car on the dyno and getting the perfect AFR. MOST engines last a while with 400WHP.

:shrug: Hes getting it dyno tuned....it doesnt matter if he gets mph or jms so go with the cheeper one. It doesnt matter if mph gives you better tunes cause its just gonna be erased by his new tuner so why are you guys fighting over who tunes better?:bang:

:shrug: Hes getting it dyno tuned....it doesnt matter if he gets mph or jms so go with the cheeper one. It doesnt matter if mph gives you better tunes cause its just gonna be erased by his new tuner so why are you guys fighting over who tunes better?:bang:
I think getting a good tune is still benefic because it'll save alot of expensive dyno tuning time. If it's already 95% tuned, I'll just need to run 2 or 3 times and it'll be over. On the other hand, when starting from scracth it's alot more expensive.

I think getting a good tune is still benefic because it'll save alot of expensive dyno tuning time. If it's already 95% tuned, I'll just need to run 2 or 3 times and it'll be over. On the other hand, when starting from scracth it's alot more expensive.

your not starting from scratch with either kit...both come with a tune and i bet both tunes are similar.

My experience with MPH has been a fantastic one (despite one, kinda big problem). Ordered from them and they worked with me like I was their only customer. I was able to ship out my SCT2 handheld and have them put the program on my handheld. They even credited me the difference in the price. Then, after the install (a whole weekend roughly), we fired it up but it ran like garbage. After hours of stress it turns out that the tune Tim sent me was corrupt. This has only happened 2 times in all the years he's been doing tunes. (my luck lol). But he paid me to have my SCT2 overnighted to him and then he overnighted it back to me. 2 days later, loaded up the tune and she ran beautifully.

To this day, no issues. I've put about 6,000 miles on since the supercharger. It's my daily driver and sees all types of weather.

MPH FTMFW!

I haven't done business with either, but I am in a position to tell people how a tune works. I was not judging anyone.

You can make a mail order tune dead on with the MAF curves. 90mm LMAF's are within less than 1% of themselves.
If it wasn't possible you wouldn't see perfect 11.5-18 a/f's on mine or other mail order tunes.

I have to date tuned over 4,000 cars. I tune 3-5 cars a day ranging from 240rwhp N/A cars to well over 1000rwhp street cars. My personal 4.6 2 valve makes over 900rwhp , trust me,I know alittle about how a maf works. I've done mail order tunes on
500plus rwhp cars I never saw in person and hit them dead on.
You CAN hit a mail order tune dead on if you know how to tune. Worse case is one is off a bit,all I need or any other tuner needs is 1 dyno run with datalogging to make any small adjustments. Datalogging is the key,you don't have to be present to make the adjustments yourself as long as the proper info is set in front of the tuner.

My experience with MPH has been a fantastic one (despite one, kinda big problem). Ordered from them and they worked with me like I was their only customer. I was able to ship out my SCT2 handheld and have them put the program on my handheld. They even credited me the difference in the price. Then, after the install (a whole weekend roughly), we fired it up but it ran like garbage. After hours of stress it turns out that the tune Tim sent me was corrupt. This has only happened 2 times in all the years he's been doing tunes. (my luck lol). But he paid me to have my SCT2 overnighted to him and then he overnighted it back to me. 2 days later, loaded up the tune and she ran beautifully.

To this day, no issues. I've put about 6,000 miles on since the supercharger. It's my daily driver and sees all types of weather.

MPH FTMFW!
Ya ,that sucked. Atleast we figured it out fairly quickly.