Just failed emissions...anyone got some cats i can borrow?

dli1314

Aug 14, 2006
title says it all. i just tried emissions(knew i would fail but figured i'd try it anyways)

I'm located in federal way WA. between tacoma and seattle.

John, if you read this...i thought you got emissions done last year, don't you only have to do it every 2 years?

• Sponsors (?)

title says it all. i just tried emissions(knew i would fail but figured i'd try it anyways)

I'm located in federal way WA. between tacoma and seattle.

John, if you read this...i thought you got emissions done last year, don't you only have to do it every 2 years?

I have cats for you.

Hasn't it been two years? Each test is good for a full year. Anyway, the car is an 89 so you must get it done every odd year or when it is registered in a smog tested area. Did you change cams?

I have cats for you.

Hasn't it been two years? Each test is good for a full year. Anyway, the car is an 89 so you must get it done every odd year or when it is registered in a smog tested area. Did you change cams?
cool, thanks John, you think i could come pick those cats up this weekend sometime? i almost doubled the HClevel at idle. (440vs 240) that's the only thing i failed.

I decided against the cam because i'm going forced induction with the car. same cam in it since the day i bought it from you. I'm hoping the car will be mostly done before the end of this season so i can take the car out to the track and hopefully put down some good times. I'm going to sell the cam and the T-5 that i bought. i'm going with a built c4.

have you seen the car since i got it painted?

cool, thanks John, you think i could come pick those cats up this weekend sometime? i almost doubled the HClevel at idle. (440vs 240) that's the only thing i failed.

I decided against the cam because i'm going forced induction with the car. same cam in it since the day i bought it from you. I'm hoping the car will be mostly done before the end of this season so i can take the car out to the track and hopefully put down some good times. I'm going to sell the cam and the T-5 that i bought. i'm going with a built c4.

have you seen the car since i got it painted?

Don't forget, that motor has stock 351 cast pistons. Don't go crazy on the power adder.

Passing without cats is a myth, I don't care how clean you think you car is. I just went through this 2 months ago.

Took it to precision tune for a pre-test and it failed miserable, took it back with cats the next day and it passed with flying colors. Went for the test that same day, no sweat-

Tried the rubbing alcohol and all that other stuff I read about.

Put the cats on... Good luck.

what day would be best for you and what time? I can do saturday or sunday. just let me know what time(s) would be best for you and we can go from there. and i'm going to need your address again because i don't have it from last time. you can just PM that to me if you like.

thanks again John.

Passing without cats is a myth, I don't care how clean you think you car is. I just went through this 2 months ago.

Took it to precision tune for a pre-test and it failed miserable, took it back with cats the next day and it passed with flying colors. Went for the test that same day, no sweat-

Tried the rubbing alcohol and all that other stuff I read about.

Put the cats on... Good luck.
You can pass the test without cats, retard timing,turn fuel psi down, change oil.
I have done this before it passed.

so after a couple jammed fingers and a couple hours of trying to get that stupid H pipe on, I finally just said screw it and left it leaking from the passenger side ball and socket connection to the header. the car was extremely loud driving to the emissions place, scared a couple people along the way.

passed with flying colors. went from 424 HC emissions to 30. my carbon was down to 0.

Now i just need to take the thing off and put my ORHP back on. i'll do that tomorrow since i have to go to work soon.

but the good news is.... I PASSED!!!!

so after a couple jammed fingers and a couple hours of trying to get that stupid H pipe on, I finally just said screw it and left it leaking from the passenger side ball and socket connection to the header. the car was extremely loud driving to the emissions place, scared a couple people along the way.

passed with flying colors. went from 424 HC emissions to 30. my carbon was down to 0.

Now i just need to take the thing off and put my ORHP back on. i'll do that tomorrow since i have to go to work soon.

but the good news is.... I PASSED!!!!

:nice: AWESOME!!