K-member Question Racecraft

• Sponsors (?)

Can I use the stock lower control arms? I like MM stuff. I've been averse because I don't want to go to coil overs. The roads are pretty bad in some spots here, and I'm not really building a track car. Shifting the weight back has made the car more enjoyable to drive. I just don't want to lose ride quality.

Not to be a jerk but, if you would have read up on the very page you posted, would have answered your own questions. Yes, you can use factory control arms and struts if you buy the spring perches. Yes, it will retain stock geometry or, close to it. You can select right on there what engine you are going to mount on it so, you can select what factory or aftermarket motor mounts you want to use.

Well, you were successful... My biggest question with the racecraft was the motor mounts. I wasn't sure if it used proprietary mounts like some do, and that isn't what I want to do. I know about the spring perches and stock a arms.

Thanks for clearing that up. I'll still probably give them a call to be sure, but I'm pretty sure thats the one I'm going with.

Racecraft used to be used by Steve Saleen. I don't see how it could be poor quality unless the company has sold out to our Chinese overlords

Does anyone know if I can use stock motor mounts with this. - www.racecraft.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=544_546&products_id=257&zenid=2e9500bd61daa36e33e4cf44c3f35584

Also, does is keep the stock geometry?

I use my car as a daily. I would like to keep the stock LCAs, and motor mounts.

I've been planning to call them, but I've been lazy.

Yes they use stock motor mounts, you cant use a stock style spring and lower control arms with that k-member. If you want to retain that stuff keep the stock k-member. There are no aftermarket K-members designed well that use the stock spring.

IMO for a DD keep the stock or a MM one. I've seen too many cheapo K members with crappy welds and terrible fitment issues.

Racecraft makes nice stuff, there are no crappy welds or fitment issues. Ive had 3 aftermarket K-members in my possession and the racecraft was the best quality.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user