King Cobra Build in Oregon

King cobra parts arrived. Just about ready to paint. Finishing preparing body this weekend. Start painting Tuesday. King Cobra decals arrived today. Had them done in green for Oregon Duck colors.......wife paid for them so.... Hoping to have all painted by Friday. Going on Alaska Cruz Saturday.....plan to sit in front of air conditioning all week. House A/C failed with this heat wave. Having new system installed in Sept.....

Attachments

• King Parts.JPG
    King Parts.JPG
    332.5 KB · Views: 92
  • On Lift.JPG
    On Lift.JPG
    486.8 KB · Views: 102
  • Ready for Paint.JPG
    Ready for Paint.JPG
    503.3 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

King cobra parts arrived. Just about ready to paint. Finishing preparing body this weekend. Start painting Tuesday. King Cobra decals arrived today. Had them done in green for Oregon Duck colors.......wife paid for them so.... Hoping to have all painted by Friday. Going on Alaska Cruz Saturday.....plan to sit in front of air conditioning all week. House A/C failed with this heat wave. Having new system installed in Sept.....
Busy guy! I like that. Where are you picking up the KC parts?

Classic Auto Reproductions. I try to use small business first as I was one.....Just looked at next week. I have a dentist appt on Wednesday.........pits! As a side note. I was hoping someone has seen or done a custom gas cap without the handle thingie. Like a popup. Any ideas? Low on priority list but looking for winter projects along with cleaning my old company production space upstairs...

You could go with a speed cap or whatever they're called. Much like the Mustang II Evolution. This is probably the best pic I could find with a quick search. But I'd say if you want to go this route, or something similar, you may want to hold off on that paint job until you've confirmed the installation process. :)

unnamed.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Something went bad inserting the lic plate photo. Here it is again. Had this for one of my other Mustang iis that someone bought. It was a Monroe Handler. Needed cash for my company. Trying to buy it back. Painted that one Viper Yellow with Daytona Blue. Colors really looked good together. Kinda surprise me how good they looked. I also picked up my paint today..........who ever said yellow paint and super good clear was cheap lied to me..........it's not cheap.

Attachments

• Lic Plate.jpg
    Lic Plate.jpg
    510.9 KB · Views: 77
Now I remember.:doh: Just looked up the Mustang II Evolution........I did the sequential LED system on it.....ClassicLEDs system. Built it up in Bend Oregon. They misspelled the company name....Classic LED system. :):):) I will be putting sequential lights in mine. Stock lens with three red lens. Just need to find two lens to cut up.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks. I looked at the link to summit. Will look harder after our vacation which starts Saturday. Alaskan Cruise. Meanwhile.....Did some painting today. Sealer then 2 coats Triple yellow then 2 coats expensive clear. Body paint will be 2/3 coats yellow and 3/4 coats clear, depending on how two/three coats looks. The contrast between black and the yellow is going to look good. Doing all the chrome in black trim, Snake and strips in green and black.

Attachments

• IMG_3803.JPG
    IMG_3803.JPG
    298 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3804.JPG
    IMG_3804.JPG
    339.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3806.JPG
    IMG_3806.JPG
    316.7 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: 3 users
Hope the green snake decal looks as good as my wife said it will.....:D after body work get to start engine work. Has anyone ordered the exhaust manifords from Classic Auto Reproductions? How did they fit. Use a 302 with T-5 transmission.

Has anyone ordered the exhaust manifords from Classic Auto Reproductions? How did they fit. Use a 302 with T-5 transmission.
Call them up and ask them. They will respond. If I didn't have my old beat up set I would have bought them from CAR. They probably did a lot of work to get them right.

Back from Alaska cruise. Lots of fun, highly suggest it. Started working on Mustang. Today I am taking door locks and handles off. Tried to remove the passenger door window to be able to remove door handle and, well they need a good scrubbing. Found Soft Scrub, stuff for sinks and such, very good at really cleaning and removing years of stuff. Anyway, that did not go well. So, I moved the glass to get to the handle and lock. Seems the plastic thingies that hold the many parts are very brittle and I seem to have broke a number of them. Any pointers to where I can get new ones? Drivers door handle seems to have been modified and has small bolts with nuts.........so much easier getting off. Will do this to the passenger side. But broke the plastic parts there also.

Will be painting small parts tomorrow. Hood brackets, back of front fascia, support parts and such. Body next week.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 4 users
Sorry to report a small set back. While working on the rear hatch, the rust hole seems to get bigger the more I clean it........wife said to stop doing that :doh: Asked a few buddies and have been told it is better to have a patch welded for repair. I was going to something different, but have been convinced to do it properly as the hatch if off the car. So, I will jump to finishing the body paint along with 3/4 of the hatch this week. Then finish painting the KIng parts next week and put them away for the winter. Interior and engine are next. Ordered a set of Edlebrock heads but have been told they are still on back order. Lots of wiring and interior work. Found radio knobs on ebay for my Quad 8 Track....

Also have a stack of Quad 8 tracks I have been saving.....Some bad news. I started to do some repairs on the rear hatch hoping they would hold until I can find a wielder to do a proper job. Well the inside of the section below the glass is really really bad. Rust everywhere. Sprayed Rust Doctor on as much as I can to stop more rust for now. So, I am in the market for a better rear hatch. Could not find one on ebay but will keep an eye open. Doing cosmetic repairs for now. Hope to have the body painted by Sundayish. If someone has an extra rear hatch please let me know.