Know what I'm really getting sick of???

99FiveOh

10 Year Member
May 20, 2006
J-Ville, FL
Ads and catalogs that say "From"... How hard is it to list products and parts with the ACTUAL price? I see it more and more while flipping through the magazines. It happens more with wheel companies.. they list a certain wheel and say "prices from 150.00 for 16" size". Ticks me off because the low price catches my eye, but no one really installs an aftermarket 16" wheel on a Mustang anymore do they? So this means the 18" size I'm shopping for is actually gonna cost alot more than 150 right...

Another company that's notorious for this is a certain restoration company that usually takes up about 5 pages of the popular Mustang mags. Just about EVERY SINGLE product they advertise says "From X amount of dollars". WTF is that all about? Why can't they just say "94-98 headlights 129.99" instead of "79-04 Headlight kits from 99.99"? If I'm shopping for a set of headlights, I see that and I'm like "Wow, that's cheap for a set of headlights" only to find out mine are 30 bucks more! The same price as ever other retailer in the market! :mad:

-end rant. :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

It's all business. They try to get you mentally committed to buying form them, and when they give you the real price most folks go "well, I guess that's ok." Stupid, but companies make a lot of money that way.

Doesn't work on me! If anything it makes the company lose respect from me. If they just shoot straight I'll buy from them. Alot of times it just comes down to who you want to deal with since prices are pretty close across the board. But when company like Summit racing lists all their prices in a straight forward manner and no BS sales tactics, I buy from them!