KZGUNS tuning

• Sponsors (?)

You want to include any additional dependencies, then it should give you a signature mismatch that you need to just ignore... Now if it wont do it for you I can make the changes in you tune on my end. Give me a second...........

You want to include any additional dependencies, then it should give you a signature mismatch that you need to just ignore... Now if it wont do it for you I can make the changes in you tune on my end. Give me a second...........
Ok the ign. Table loaded. Can’t get the afr table to load now.
Did get this warning while loading ign.

Oops forgot to post the warning I got

Attachments

• 19F4FE65-9029-4456-BD3C-2E5A542D4A90.jpeg
    19F4FE65-9029-4456-BD3C-2E5A542D4A90.jpeg
    363.8 KB · Views: 119
1. the MS2 has only one local input for an oxygen sensor. It's also the passenger side O2,...
2. Ranting aside; for an forced induction application I like to have the WB installed at least in the car even if it's not giving feedback to the ECU.
1. Nope, it's selectable right or left on the MSPNP2. My DIYPNP I had to modify with a selector switch on the front panel & an LED indicator.
The docs don't state that the jumper must be removed to use the Options Port pin 21. I've told DIY to amend the docs & they never do.
jumpers.jpg

2. Yes, of course.

Reactions: 1 user
here's my tune with the new tables installed. i also changed ego setting to single WB but not sure what else i need to change in that menu.

Attachments

• CurrentTune.msq
    108.6 KB · Views: 138
Your timing is fixed. It's not using the table. Is that what you still want?
If you use the table, turn idle advance on.

Also looks like the PWM valve is set as inverted (100%=off).
I think you want normal (0%=off).

There are some polarity difference between the MSPNP & the DIYPNP, but I don't think PWM valve is one of them.

Last edited:
I dont think he has begun tuning yet, he will need it locked to set the timing.

Every MS2PNP I have ever tuned needs the valve set to inverted... this raises a good point however as each install this needs to be verified.

Your timing is fixed. It's not using the table. Is that what you still want?
If you use the table, turn idle advance on.

Also looks like the PWM valve is set as inverted (100%=off).
I think you want normal (0%=off).

There are some polarity difference between the MSPNP & the DIYPNP, but I don't think PWM valve is one of them.

I'm just getting everything set up, so I don't have this tune running the car yet. I probably set it to fixed thinking about setting the timing the first time i get it running on this. The PWM I'm not sure about i didn't change it to that, I'm totally green to all this so hopfully I'll get all this stuff figured out.
Thanks!

...Every MS2PNP I have ever tuned needs the valve set to inverted... this raises a good point however as each install this needs to be verified.
I've always run mine non-inverted because tool tip says:
Most valves work with 0% = closed. A few valves may work in the opposite direction.

Base tune from DIY is inverted which is where many started from.
Not implying that this IAC thing is an error.
They have lots of small errors like the jumper thing which they never have corrected.
MSExtra called them to task on this when they complained about not having enough time to correct, like 8 years isn't enough, & they still do nothing to correct.

I've bench tested this valve. With no power applied, it is not fully closed or fully open. I estimated about 20% open is the minimum. When power applied it opens fully. You can perform this test by using your mouth to blow through it & also by watching the spool valve move back & forth.

I suppose since it's neither inverted or non-inverted, it doesn't matter. There is no setting for 100%=on or 20%=off.
Could be a reason why idle is so difficult to get right.

Yes,
Easy way to test, open loop lock timing, disable idle correction advance.
-set valve to normal closed=0% sweep the idle duty at warm idle, if the idle increases with duty% your golden. If it does not set the valve to inverted.
-same test applies sweep the duty% with the valve set as inverted if the idle increases as the duty% increases then you have the polarity correct.

Either way (normal or inverted) the code is set so that a larger duty% will raise the idle, you just have to do the test to figure out which way it needs to be set for your application.

In this instance I believe it is not the way the instructions are written I believe it is the vagueness associated with the settings. This happens often with all tuning software.

The instructions state that the valve must be tested to verify the minimum and maximum duty% - this also changes based on Hz used. Your Hz need to be 92 to get the entire usable range from the valve. 130hz and above provide quiter operation but limit the valve

Last edited: