leafblower supercharger

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see about 14#'s of boost using a 24 amp with drawing 220v current, wish i though of that before I bought my vortech (I just need about 1/4 mile of extension cord

on a side note to all who are taking this post seriously and thinking about putting a leaf blower in their ride; that was a caption contest therefore a joke a leaf blower should not be used as a sorce of more flow, your engine sucks more air in at wot than a leaf blower can put out (yes even little ass 100 hp 4 cyls) therefore creating an obstruction of air flow (ie not helping matters), you will probably end up sucking in the internals of the leaf blower screwing up you engine.

• Sponsors (?)

sorry..just couldnt help myself after all this.
attachment.php

Really it does work I am a student at LTI and this guy in a S10 pick-up truck hooked a leaf blower up and he gained 7hp produceing 2psi of boost, they tested it on a dyno with the blower off then with the blower on, the gains were 7hp & 8tq. The boost was read by a afermarket boost gauge.

7HP!? You've got to be kidding me. Even if it is true, who in their right mind would do something that retarded in the name of 7HP? It would take twice that to even feel a difference @$$ in the seat. All that trouble for what?

Ok so what's a strong enough leaf blower cost these days anyways? One that could possibly make enough thrust to make some power would cost at leat 100 bucks i'm guessing, so if you're gonna be a redneck and bolt a leaf blower up for a $100 7hp pick up, just buy some UD pullies for like $65 bucks and pick up 3 times that.

Im so glad this thread was resurrected after so many years! This is the exact inspiration I need to solidify my build plans. There i so much valuable information in here.

Maybe this should be a sticky?

So heres what I'm going to do. First I'm going to get one of these V8 independent throttle body intakes for my wore out old 5.0.

landing_200075.jpg

I know what you are thinking. CarMichael Angelo just tried to put 6 independent throttle bodies on his inline 6 and it didn't work out how is this guys going to do 8! I dont know how I'm going to do it either. I have no idea what I'm doing, so I'm sure things will work out fine. :cool:

Next I'm going to get not one but 8! That's right 8 of these. :mg:

Amazon product ASIN B00280MUZ8View: https://www.amazon.com/Husqvarna-952711902-125BVx-Handheld-Blower/dp/B00280MUZ8/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_86_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=W838E6BKBSC0YXNJVVQQ

These bad boys put out 470 cfm a piece at 170 mph! :taco:I mean if they can do 170 mph out the box all 8 of them should get my car up to over 150 easy! :D

I'm thinking right now that I'll have to build a roof rack to attach them all to. Oh, and I plan on putting drive by wire throttle kits on all the blowers so they will sink up with each other and the car. Maybe I'll build a trailer to haul the blowers BEHIND the car... :chin

Wow right? :oops: This car is going to be amazing! :rock:

Next I'll use K&N cone filters on the inlets of the blowers to keep all the dust and leaves out of the motor. Then I'll pipe it all up going through the hood with schedule 120 PVC pipe. I'm going with schedule 120 just to be on the safe side. I mean those blowers put out a LOT of air.

I'm sure a lot of people are going to laugh when they see me and my ride show up at the track, but we'll see hows laughing when I'm running low 9s with street tires, no suspension and a bunch of leaf blowers on top of my car.

Status
Not open for further replies.