Let the mayhem begin!!!

seans2slow93lx

Jul 7, 2009
So I decided rather than sell my 93 coupe I'd go ahead and fix it...first off a little background as to why there is no motor in it. The car originally belonged to my stepfather, well his sister who frequently drag raced needed an engine for her stang because she blew hers. So....he let her use the coupes motor, which she decided to sell with her car rather than give it back! lol so the car has sat for the past several years until I decided that I wanted it. I got it for $1000 bucks!!! Believe it or not the car actually has 58K miles and no rust. Anyways I figured by starting this thread it'll keep my butt in gear on getting the car done lol. Heres the work so far!

The car itself
mustang1.jpg

The start of the engine bay repainting
1stenginebaypic.jpg

2ndenginebaypic.jpg

3rdenginebaypic.jpg

4thenginebaypic.jpg

And a nice little reminder of why you should always wear head gear :D head meeting metal=ouch!!!
View attachment 252165

• Sponsors (?)

im about to start stipping my bay. ( just put the motor out of it on the stand bout 40 mins ago. lol ) what did you use to make sure all the cheicals were off so that the primer would stick?

I started work on the interior today, check it out.

Damn mice lol...im gonna try and make a new piece to go in place of this one.
interiorfoam.jpg

interior1.jpg

After some cleaning
interior22.jpg

Im planning on putting some type of sound deadening material under the rear seat and trunk area.

:Update: The car was sent off yesterday to have the engine bay painted...sonic blue :) anyway i'll be sure to keep everyone posted with the progress

im about to start stipping my bay. ( just put the motor out of it on the stand bout 40 mins ago. lol ) what did you use to make sure all the cheicals were off so that the primer would stick?

Well the directions on the can stated that after you use the chemical you should spray all of the remaining product off with a hose or some type of cleaning solution and after that just let it dry...thats wat I did and the paint adhered to the metal very well

I made a huge step towards gettin the coupe back on the road today...I picked me up a donor car for everything I need. lol I kinda feel bad about taking it apart because its a really nice ride, but I think after i pull the parts needed im just gonna throw another engine back in it so I have two stangs :D
Here it is!

mustangdonor.jpg

donormustang4.jpg

mustangdonor2.jpg

I made a trip over to the shop today to get a few quick shot of the bay. The color in the photo doesnt even look similar to reef blue, more like a bimini blue or something...but I assure you its the same in person. Enjoy!

8thenginebaypic.jpg

9thenginebaypic.jpg

10thenginebaypic.jpg

The waiting game has began...I cant go any further with the coupe until my parts I odered arrive, grrr! lol While the stuff I need isnt here yet, a few non essential pieces did show up today. On the left we have a Ram clutch kit and to the right we have a Professional Products 70mm throttle body :D

clutchandthrottlebody.jpg