lets play the guess my ET game!!!

ninety15.0

Mar 10, 2004
I just wanted to get a rough idea of what times i will be running in the spring. My mods are in my signature. Consider stock street tires and then consider my ET with drag radials! thanks guys. I'm thinkin high 13's.....the car still needs a tune but seems to run strong, thanks!
-Nick:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

I ran a 14.11 bone stock in my 1991 LX, i put on a cat back, hurst short throw, ADS superchip, and lowered my tire pressure, and i went 13.98. that was with stock gears and everything. I would say youll be in the 13.7 range, and with the drag radials, in the 13.5-13.6 range

FarBeyondDriven said:
I ran a 14.11 bone stock in my 1991 LX, i put on a cat back, hurst short throw, ADS superchip, and lowered my tire pressure, and i went 13.98. that was with stock gears and everything. I would say youll be in the 13.7 range, and with the drag radials, in the 13.5-13.6 range
Lose the chip and bump the timing to 14...bet you run a touch faster.

DMAN302 said:
Lose the chip and bump the timing to 14...bet you run a touch faster.

Actually, instead, i lost the fuel injection, built a 306 combo, with a nice carb. oh, and the timing was bumped... K&N, silencer rmoved etc etc etc... my first few runs were around the low 15's. i started racing next to my buddy who has been at it for years, and i didnt watch the tree, i watched him launch, and i left at the same time he did till i got a feel for the tree. by the end of that weekend, i was at the 14.11 mark, and didnt do any more mods save for the ones i listed above, untill i recently pulled everything apart

no i've been to the track a few times...twice with that car...the very first time i ever ran i went 15 flat at 94 or 95 mph. the second time i think i may have had the gears and o/r h pipe and i went 14.5 at 96 or 97mph. I havent gone with the new motor or clutch...but my previous 60' times were in the real high 2.2 range with less than good condition 225mm street tires.

It depends on how much work was done to the E7s, but I would say on street radials mid to high 13s, and on a stickier tire with a decent 60' it could touch the 12s. Not sure how well the cam is matched with the heads and intake, but I would think that set up could be quick. Your biggest hurdle is the gears, but I still think it will go deep 13s!

No I've been to the track a few times so far....twice with that car. I think the first time i ever ran it i went 15 flat at 93-94mph. I went again with gears exhaust and a crappy clutch and went 14.5 at 95-96ish. My 60' times are always in the 2.2 range on stock size street tires in ok condition. I havent run the car with the new motor or clutch....but i changed a lot of old components when i did the motor swap so i guess we will see.

not too much done to the heads....just a good three angle and removed the EGR bumps....comp cams dual coil springs and all new components keepers, retainers, guideplates, rockers and $hit...no 'real' port work tho :-(

I went 13.40 at 104 on regular street tires with a combo similar to yours. Mine was 306, E-Cam, Ported E-7's with chevy valves, Roller rockers, 65 MM T.B., 75 Mass Air, 24L.B. injectors, 3.73, T-5, Full exhaust 1 5/8" shortys, underdrive Pulleys, Ford truck lower with Vortec upper. Never ran it with sticky tires. It would have went high 12's with tires. Had to leave off Idle.

ninety15.0 said:
I just wanted to get a rough idea of what times i will be running in the spring. My mods are in my signature. Consider stock street tires and then consider my ET with drag radials! thanks guys. I'm thinkin high 13's.....the car still needs a tune but seems to run strong, thanks!
-Nick:flag:
I didnt read 1 thread so this is my honest opinion,with traction and good driving? mid 13's

Sorry to highjack the thread, but I'm also wondering what times I'd run in the spring with the mods in my sig. I've only been to the strip twice with another car, so my times will be average to not so great probably. But considering the track is sea-level and average weather and average driver, what would it run @ what mph? Thanks.

ninety15.0 said:
not too much done to the heads....just a good three angle and removed the EGR bumps....comp cams dual coil springs and all new components keepers, retainers, guideplates, rockers and $hit...no 'real' port work tho :-(

Thats not bad into the heads. Mine have a valve job as well as better valves but havent been ported on the intake or exhaust and seem to perform well. I think if you had gone with better valves it would have helped the car, but either way, it should perform a good deal better than stock!

retro50, I think I got lucky with my combo. On regular radials the car went easy 13.1-13.0s all day (with 2.0 60's leaving off idle) and trapped in the solid 107 range. Just one thing, do you think Id benefit from a set of 24lb injectors (mine are stock 19s, and have about 135K on them), or should I just wait and spend the money elsewhere?

This is not a technical issue
ed20910b6ko.jpg

Attachments

• ed20910b6ko.jpg
    ed20910b6ko.jpg
    635.3 KB · Views: 61
WOW nice setup!!.... chrome nickel alloy skin, QUAD 25mm cannons, 5,000 watt search light, infared laser sightiing system!! sweet!!
You might want to tripple chrome plate though the finish will be better but people will see you commin.. also up the cannons to a 30mm... and that search light is givin you alot of restriction(and weight), plus you already have the infared, so sell the light on ebay so you can afford bigger cannons and upgrade your sighting system sweet ride!!