Lets see pics of your grant wheel install on 91+ Fox

Tasandmnm

Jun 1, 2007
I would just like to see how your install looks compared to mine. I have some spots visible that I am not too fond of that makes the install not look quite as good as it could, I can post pics later tonight to show you.

• Sponsors (?)

No I have a 93 Cobra, but I believe 91+ all have teh same steering wheels with airbags. And yeah there is the plastic *neck* that is up against the dash that snaps together in two halves and also right in front of that there are a few visible screws, etc. I will get a pic soon I hope.

Yes, if any of you have pictures of Grant type steering wheels please post them. Also any issues with fitment. My 92 I inherited from my son came without an airbag..just an empty shell, and no sensors left in the engine bay anyway, so I'm looking at alternatives.
Thanks,
Ken

Heres a pic of mine it is a 90
90notch025.jpg

Attachments

• 90notch025.jpg
    90notch025.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 81
All Mustangs 90-93 had the airbag wheel and bulky steering column trim with all the airbag related goodies in there. The Grant wheel pictured doesnt look bad because it has a large center, but there are others such as the 3-spoke design that leave alot of that bulky trim visible. It looks a little too obvious that things have been changed. Big fat column + teeny wheel = u-g-l-y. I would always keep the stock wheel on a 90+ car.

I see what you mean about the large cover being hard to hide. I do think the picture of the Grant wheel looks pretty good though. It's large center does a good job flowing the wheel into the cover.
Nothing is ever simple.....
Ken

Yeah and my wheel does not have a large center :(

I am gonna have to find something to do with it, I may look into swapping the trim over from an 87-89 as mentioned a couple posts up, but have no idea how difficult it would be or where to get the pieces I need...