Look whats rotting out at the storage place I use.

wht87gt

Mar 16, 2003
Oxford, MA
This poor car is just sitting there rotting out. I inquired about it, but the owner wants WAY too much for it. The pictures don't show it but this thing is full of rot and would take a lot to bring it back to life. Poor SVO. :nonono:

BTW: Sorry bout the black and white pictures, my phone camera was set to black and white for some reason.

1002081647a.jpg

1002081647.jpg

Attachments

• 1002081647a.jpg
    1002081647a.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 1002081647.jpg
    1002081647.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Sponsors (?)

That's too bad. Pretty much all the SVO specific parts can be recycled to restore a more solid foundation though. Hopefully the owner will come to their senses and sell the car so it doesn't sit there waiting to be "fixed up"

I didn't actually talk to the owner of the car. I inquired with the person that runs the storage place that its parked at. She said that she's had several people asking about it over the years. I'm guessing that everyone else thinks he's crazy too. :rolleyes:

Sweet for a collectable, but kind of overrated for a daily driver.

You ever driven one??? I said the same thing about them till i bought mine,you do free mods to them such as up the fp,boost and timing and they will give alot of cars a good run. I ran a couple 5.O's in my town that had exhaust and gears and i would always pull on them and take em by a car or so from stop and go.

You ever driven one??? I said the same thing about them till i bought mine,you do free mods to them such as up the fp,boost and timing and they will give alot of cars a good run. I ran a couple 5.O's in my town that had exhaust and gears and i would always pull on them and take em by a car or so from stop and go.

Yeah i dunno about that either. My Merkur will put a hurtin on a stock 5.0 :shrug:

Yup....two as a matter of fact. And a one late-70's Turbo GT to boot. :D

If I drove it new in 1984-1986 and had only cars of the last 10-years to compare it to, I might be somewhat impressed. But by today’s standards they're kind tame and unimpressive to be honest.

I will admit, for a stock car of its time, it did handle fairly well, but nothing comparable to anything as of late with any performance orientation. Also, once you finally get the turbo spooled up its got a nice little pull to it (for a tubo-4) but beyond that it pails in comparison to any GT or specialty Mustang produced after it.

Ride - sucked bad, but it was to be expected with the sport tuned suspension
Brakes - marginally better than your standard '87-'93 Fox GT, but still no more impressive than most basic economy cars now a days with a 4-wheel disk set up.
Power - ok when it finally came on, but the turbo lag while you waited for the needle to drag itself half way across the tach in the mean time was unbearable (at least for someone used to V8 torque)
Style - Sure I guess it has a quirky personality of it's own, but it's as dated as any other car of the 80's now. Although I do remember really liking the off set hood scoop as a kid. :nice:

My biggest annoyance about the car is that anyone who doesn’t have women sized feet is constantly getting their feet caught up in the pedals. It got really annoying.....fast!!! Forget about trying to drive the car with work boots on. :bang:

Yeah i dunno about that either. My Merkur will put a hurtin on a stock 5.0 :shrug:
damn stright,turbo 4's make some torque ,merkur for the win!!!!:nice:
So what are we comparing here? Modified turbo cars to stock GT's? I mean really guys...what did your cars run stock from the factory....high-16's....low-17's? :shrug:

That’s no where near enough gumption to hang with your average V8 Fox body. Stock or not!

Sure they make a little power after you modify them, but so what....so does any car? Hell, my 3,900lb Mercury Cougar will stomp any Mustang out of the factory short of an '03 Cobra, but I'm not under the impression that I didn't have to change nearly everything about the car to get it there.

How much money does it take to make 300rwhp with a 5.0 vs. 300rwhp on an SVO or Merkur? All you need is a 3 inch exhaust, an intercooler and a manual boost controller and you're set.

it is MUCH easier to mod a 2.3t, an yield more power, I dont see everybody with just bolt ons and putting 300-320, with $500 worth of parts..

hell my gs-t dsm, I have $5 (homemade boost controller) running 20psi, a 16g turbo, greddy cams, and a full 3" exhaust, act clutch, and some bolt ons, will destroy anything short of a cammed ls1, last week I beat the piss out of a h/c/i 5.0 gears, tires and all. had 5-6 cars on him at 80mph, and I laid down stripes 30ft long in 2nd... lol its faster than my 5.0 is and I have twice the money in my engine, kinda sucks if you ask me..

How much money does it take to make 300rwhp with a 5.0 vs. 300rwhp on an SVO or Merkur? All you need is a 3 inch exhaust, an intercooler and a manual boost controller and you're set.
Ha....not likely. :rlaugh: You show me a dyno sheet from just those mods. My buddy had far more than that into his SVO including a larger turbo and methanol injection and he was only able to manage 308rwhp. Even all that, if the car racked off high-13's he was lucky. And it's street manners suffered worse than before. Torque means nothing if it's all made at peek figures my friend. Great for rolling starts on the freeway, but not a recipe for a fun, all around car.

^^^Dude your friend cant drive his svo and probaly shouldn't own one apparently because i ran a 13.9 with mine of street tires with nothing more than just up'd boost and timing oh also the skill of knowing how to drive a car. I wasnt comparing mine to stock 5liters,as i said above i raced acouple modded cars and would always pull on them,but apparently there is so much lag on svo's that even 300hp ones cant break 13's. Go on turboford.org and look at the mod list and their et's and youll find that they are highly receptive to mods just like the 03 cobra's.