Looking At My First Mustang

Dfish1247

May 29, 2016
Hello folks, new guy here.

Im looking at getting my first mustang, itll be a 2013-2014 gt with manual. Im looking at cars between 15k-40k on the clock. And I want to buy a bone stock, never been touched car as well.

With this mileage range, should any of the problems( poor shifting, etc) have showed up already? Im guessing an oasis report will show any dealer work performed.

As far as mods go, I was thinking frpp mufflers, resonator delete, and mgw shifter. Then calling it a day. I was tickled with the performance from the factory. Went through the big performance mods when I had an 07 f250, no more of that for me.

Ive driven the challenger and mustang, the mustang felt to be of better quality. The camaro is just hideous IMHO.

• Sponsors (?)

If you know someone with access to Oasis, it'll show any warranty work performed.

I tried the MGW shifter in my 2009 GT/CS and hated it, but that was with the 5spd and not the 6 like you'll have, so they may be better/different.

You will really want to drive one a good distance before you buy it, make sure the 5.0 doesn't tick, and that the trans shifts nice and smooth.