Looking for a conical PAPER air filter to mate up to a 80mm Pro-M

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, the K&N also let a lot of dirt and small particles in the motor as well.

A lot of the new trucks comes with cone filters, you may be able to find one to fit yours. Look into a filter for a Lightning, I think they wer cones from the factory and have a 80-90mm MAF depending on the year.

I went faster with a generic paper filter in a stock airbox then a K&N panel or sheild K&N cone, although I really like the filters that Accel or AFM makes with the open end...but they still get cleaned and oiled. The trick is to clean it, dry it well and only apply a very thin amount of oil, most guys use way too much.

Rick 91GT said:
Yes, the K&N also let a lot of dirt and small particles in the motor as well.

A lot of the new trucks comes with cone filters, you may be able to find one to fit yours. Look into a filter for a Lightning, I think they wer cones from the factory and have a 80-90mm MAF depending on the year.

Nope Lightning's do not come with Cone filters. Only panel filters.
Here is a pic of My L's motor.
582696_2_full.jpg

Panle box moddified
582696_35_full.jpg

Grn92LX said:
Pro m filters dont use oil. When its time to clean them, you use soap and water. I am 99.99998% sure they are paper filters.

You are correct. Further investigation has revealed that Pro-M has recently stopped using a K&N style filter for one that is a paper filter. I've made my call to Pro-M.