Looking to buy this notch. (PICS) What do you think?

• Sponsors (?)

I forgot it was a 4 banger before....I would say 7 grand would be a fair price for that car......with the warm weather coming soon more and more stangs will be for sale just hold your horses....trust me dont jump into something to fast just keep looking for the perfect one....I know u said u really wanted a lx hatch so just keep your eye out....go on autotrader.com, and e-bay, and so forth....trust me if u settle for something just to get into a stang now u will regret it....I still cant believe I bought my 91, but when I found it a block from my house and I told myself I was just going to look, but how often does one find a mint condition 60k miles notch a block from home lol......trust me just relax and keep looking your car will pop up.....

I forgot it was a 4 banger before....I would say 7 grand would be a fair price for that car......with the warm weather coming soon more and more stangs will be for sale just hold your horses....trust me dont jump into something to fast just keep looking for the perfect one....I know u said u really wanted a lx hatch so just keep your eye out....go on autotrader.com, and e-bay, and so forth....trust me if u settle for something just to get into a stang now u will regret it....I still cant believe I bought my 91, but when I found it a block from my house and I told myself I was just going to look, but how often does one find a mint condition 60k miles notch a block from home lol......trust me just relax and keep looking your car will pop up.....
But the meet and greet is in less then a month :rolleyes: Oh well, i'll see.

I dunno, 8k is a lot. The car still has much room to improve. Stock trans and Stock rear......

Plus the fact it was a 4 cylinder, I agree it isnt worth 8k. If in person it 100% mint being a ex 4 cylinder car I'd say no more then 6k. Think about it, if it was just a 4 banger in good shape what would he want? $1000-1200? That extra 7k could do ALOT, I'd say more then whats in that car for sure depending on the paint quality seeing as a really nice paint job can cost alot. But if you REALLY like it get it, dont pass up your dream car for alittle bit extra $$$ if its worth it to you.

I took a look at the car about a week ago. It's a REALLY nice car, I just thought the asking price was a little too high for what you got. And you better pray that your county is emissions exempt. The car has never been tested in Illinois and has no chance to pass with the F-cam!

I took a look at the car about a week ago. It's a REALLY nice car, I just thought the asking price was a little too high for what you got. And you better pray that your county is emissions exempt. The car has never been tested in Illinois and has no chance to pass with the F-cam!
I actually contacted the Illinois EPA and I believe as of this year, vehicles 1995 and older are now exempt as long as they were in compliance as of the first of the year.
Here's the e-mail:

...I just want to be a 100% clear on this. As
stated in the previous e-mail, I will not have to go through emissions
tests for this vehicle no matter what? This vehicle is from McHenry county and it
might not have been tested for emissions. I live in Schaumburg.
Again, this is a 1993 ford and it will be newly registered in my name.
Thank
you for your time.
Damian

The emissions law has changed. Vehicles 1995 and older that are in
compliance as of 02/2007 no longer are subject to being tested. If you
are newly registering this vehicle, it comes into compliance as soon as
you register it.

Thanks. Gail

I actually contacted the Illinois EPA and I believe as of this year, vehicles 1995 and older are now exempt as long as they were in compliance as of the first of the year.
Here's the e-mail:

tests for this vehicle no matter what? This vehicle is from McHenry county and it
Thank
you for your time.
Damian

you register it.

Thanks. Gail

Yep, I just got the letter last week letting me know that I don't have to get my Mustang emissions tested anymore. :nice:

Here's the e-mail:

Thank
you for your time.
Damian

you register it.
Thanks. Gail

The key part of the new law is that the car must have been in compliance with the law as of that date. The Illinois EPA site suggests that since the vehicle has not been tested in Illinois, it must still be tested in the state. I'm not totally sure, but that's what I got from it.

Whats wrong with a 4 cyl. conversion?

It's no different than buying a salvaged title. Plus, you've got to make sure the rear end, brakes, springs and all kinds of other crap was replaced. It's not a real 5.0 and it never will be. If I'm spending $8500 on a mustang it better be a MUSTANG, not a Fakestang

:Word: I found my LX Notch with 62k original

Im sorry but a 4cyl that has been converted, wears 5 lug discs all around, has a "built" motor, and suspension could be viewed as better than a 5.0. You know for a fact if it started as a 4 cyl it was not beat to hell and back and then modded to look nice. A 4cyl and 5.0 are so close and once you replace the driveline they are the same car, only the 4cyl should be tighter! So long as the person knows what he/she is doing and does the swap right, I think its a mute point.

To me that car if it is as clean as stated is worth easily $7000-8000. New paint, wheels/tires, whole 5 lug disc set up, decent motor combo, and as clean as that. I think if most people owned that car they would say its worth $10K, but most people on the other side make claims like $4K... its a double edged sword! The sellers selling for too little, buyer paying too much!

It's no different than buying a salvaged title. Plus, you've got to make sure the rear end, brakes, springs and all kinds of other crap was replaced. It's not a real 5.0 and it never will be. If I'm spending $8500 on a mustang it better be a MUSTANG, not a Fakestang

:Word: I found my LX Notch with 62k original

yeah but wasent your notch the one that went to highschool with you?

Im sorry but a 4cyl that has been converted, wears 5 lug discs all around, has a "built" motor, and suspension could be viewed as better than a 5.0. You know for a fact if it started as a 4 cyl it was not beat to hell and back and then modded to look nice. A 4cyl and 5.0 are so close and once you replace the driveline they are the same car, only the 4cyl should be tighter! So long as the person knows what he/she is doing and does the swap right, I think its a mute point.

To me that car if it is as clean as stated is worth easily $7000-8000. New paint, wheels/tires, whole 5 lug disc set up, decent motor combo, and as clean as that. I think if most people owned that car they would say its worth $10K, but most people on the other side make claims like $4K... its a double edged sword! The sellers selling for too little, buyer paying too much!

Yeah I mean it's all personal preference. Me? No way I'd buy a converted car. Others look at it like you do. I don't think anyone is wrong, but I guess I'm just a purist.

yeah but wasent your notch the one that went to highschool with you?

Sssssshhhhhh!!!

The key part of the new law is that the car must have been in compliance with the law as of that date. The Illinois EPA site suggests that since the vehicle has not been tested in Illinois, it must still be tested in the state. I'm not totally sure, but that's what I got from it.

Dave, my car has never been in compliance with IL emissions laws since I bought it and they still sent me that letter saying I no longer needed to get it tested.