Louder- LOUDER!!

• Sponsors (?)

Take off the air silencer if you haven't already. And swap to a midpipe with no catalytic converters if you haven't already. A catback won't give you much more volume.. but a midpipe swap sure will.

sgarlic said:
Take off the air silencer if you haven't already. And swap to a midpipe with no catalytic converters if you haven't already. A catback won't give you much more volume.. but a midpipe swap sure will.

whoa, sorry but I am (sadley:( ) not too schooled in the "lingo" yet- would you mind telling me where the air scilencer is?

Get a K&N or other brand open air filter intake. Then swap out the mid pipe with an off road H pipe. This removes the 4 catalytic converters and really makes the Flows come to life. I am running the no cat H with Flowmaster Super 40's and it sounds awesome. Then do a search for the IAC mod or copper cap mod. This will help drop the RPM's faster when you let of the gas. Gives it the deep burble when shifting or coasting. Do all this and your probably as close as your gonna get to an old muscle car without going to long tube headers and cams.
Plus you'll usually shut up the Ricers with the coffee can exhaust tips cruising the mall parking lots.

trailblazr81 said:
Then do a search for the IAC mod or copper cap mod. This will help drop the RPM's faster when you let of the gas. Gives it the deep burble when shifting or coasting.

is this same thing possible on the 99+ stangs and give you the same results? or is this a strictly sn95 mod?

-=NightHawk=- said:
what exactly is this IAC mod? ive never heard of it...and are there any down sides to this mod? lol

People shrink the size of the hole allowing airflow in the IAC. It effectively reduces the "hang" of RPMs after the gas is let off. Go rev a carbureted engine--it falls immediately as the throttle plate closes. Go rev your 4.6 (stock). It won't fall all that fast.

People do this mod to get that "old" feeling. Personally, I don't care about it, but each to his own. Someone can probably chime in with more technical knowledge on it (those who have done it) and help out more. :)

switch midepipes. simple as that. even if you have to have cats, high flow cats and no resonators will wake the sound up a ton.

I was amazed at the difference when I switched midepipes. I went right from thinking i bought the wrong exhaust because it was too quiet to thinking my exhaust was perfect.

the other mods listed are not going to give you what you are after.