LX 5.0 Console w/ cupholder

• Sponsors (?)

I decided to share a few pics of the console insert I recently finished. It's an everyday driver most of the year, and the lack of cupholder in these things has always irritated me. I bought a spare console plate since my original one still has a functional ashtray lid. I think it came out pretty good overall - A little fiberglass, a little plastic epoxy, and a junkyard cupholder. I know someone else here had this idea - The paint doesn't exactly match, but I'm happy with it - figured I would share the results......hope the link for the pics works.

Console pictures by imzcat2 - Photobucket
Wow, great job. Not a perfect match paint wise but still a very clean install. Did you relocate the cigarette lighter or cancel it out?

No issues....All the same topic. I considered putting the power port in the console somewhere but for the one time I use it in a year it wasn't worth the hassle. I mounted one just behind the right console lip on the passenger side, so if I decide to buy another V1 radar detector that some dirtbag stole from my car while I was on vacation down in NC in September ( I'm not bitter, really...), I have a spot to plug it in. Cutting the square for the mirror controls was nerve-wracking enough...Thanks for the props, everyone...:D

Looks awesome. Didnt someone else do this and everyone said he should patent and sell it as well? Either way, someone needs to find a way to mass produce these. Id buy one.

What would you guys think would be a reasonable price to pay for one of these, it would of course have to be painted to match by the consumer.

the o.e. style console plates go for $90, so somewhere in that ballpark, maybe $130 as mentioned above. i'd buy one if someone marketed one, and i'd be willing to bet scott drake would be able to do it, since they already make a lot of resto parts.

im ordering the 46.99 kit from LRS today the op never replied to any offers on making some for sale, id be another sale for sure.......anybody know if the LRS ashtray doors called smoke gray match our original gray plastic?