Made up my mind...getting nitrous

iwannarace67

Sep 24, 2001
Chicago, IL
Well I've decided over the next month or two I'm gonna gather up everything I need for a nice safe street/strip nitrous set up. The shopping list I have is as follows:

NX Plate Kit
GenX2 accesory package
MSD window switch (do I need a tach adapt to run this?)
Spark Plugs (input on what kind would be fantastic, part #s would be better)
Tune (some time soon after the above)

I'm not planning on running higher than 100 shot street or strip so I really don't think retarding the timing is neccisary. I run on 93 octane as it is and already have an SVT Focus fuel pump so my fuel needs should be taken care of. SO that's about it if anyone has any constructive advice or input that'd be appreciated. I'm semi new to nitrous use so gimme whatever you got.

• Sponsors (?)

iwannarace67 said:
Well I've decided over the next month or two I'm gonna gather up everything I need for a nice safe street/strip nitrous set up. The shopping list I have is as follows:

NX Plate Kit
GenX2 accesory package
MSD window switch (do I need a tach adapt to run this?)
Spark Plugs (input on what kind would be fantastic, part #s would be better)
Tune (some time soon after the above)

I'm not planning on running higher than 100 shot street or strip so I really don't think retarding the timing is neccisary. I run on 93 octane as it is and already have an SVT Focus fuel pump so my fuel needs should be taken care of. SO that's about it if anyone has any constructive advice or input that'd be appreciated. I'm semi new to nitrous use so gimme whatever you got.

Get the MSD digital window switch.
I run Awsfa-12c Motorcraft plugs. 2 step cooler
Run the stock tune for 100 and less.
Go ahead and pick up a FPSS, only $50.

You might want to get a wideband a/f meter while you are at it, just to be safe. Also a bottle opener, purge, heater, 2 1/6" N2O pressure gauge are jsut about required for optimal operation.