May be rebuild time, mild combo + rebuilt bottom + big shot of juice

Hey guys, its been awhile since Ive come onto the site, Ive been going through my midterms here at uni and the stang is going to be off the road until late april when i finish. I was thinking this may be a good time for a little project. Ive recently become aware that my 5.0 burns oil on acceleration, from the advice Ive had it seems like the issue is rings (which is strange because my 5.0 has only 110,000 KM and has excellent compression.. and was very well taken care of..) I have to add a quart every 900 km or so, its livable but still bugs me. I'll be trying an engine flush to see if it will help if the rings are carbon seized, but Im starting to think a rebuild might be in my near future if I want to fix the issue. Ive been wanting to do a mild ~300 rwhp HCI but I'm reluctant to do so now. So then I got to thinking.. since my vehicle is a semi daily driver street car that I like to take on trips, maybe I'd be better off investing in a forged rebuild kit and keep a mild stockish engine (bolt ons, heads, intake, stock cam) and then have the option of adding a big shot nitrous setup for fun time. This will let me have a reliable engine for future mods while maintaining street manners and allowing for a good juicing when it comes time for some fun. With a gt40-style top end and stock cam I can have a torquey street daily driver with 250-270 rwhp, and then a shot on top of that.

Questions..

extent: Is it worth looking into a new block? If possible, I wouldnt mind building the stock one.

forged: Im thinking forged pistons and rods would be a good choice, but are they overkill?

price: what am I looking at for different rebuild kits, forged or hypereutectic?

• Sponsors (?)

get forged pistons and really all you need with the rods are some good ARP hardware. With forged pistons, stock rods with better hardware, and the stock crank the block should be the weak link. Just remember that forged pistons are not unbreakable that is up to the tune.