Medusa Megasquirt.... help lol

• Sponsors (?)

Oh a datalog, I like datalogs. Now I can see what's going on. I have to commute so I will let you know something in an hour or so.
She is likely lean.
Thank you very much brotha.... ive messed with fuel a little ill send you both tunes and ive had to add fuel to keep running..... first will be og tune and the one ive changed
hey will did you get that phone number i sent ya on facebook this morning?
i did not ill go grab my phone ive been outside messing with car give me a minuts

Attachments

• medusa 2.0 wilkyonfire.msq
    117.7 KB · Views: 93
  • timing set at 10 surging,,, needs fuel...i think.msq
    117.2 KB · Views: 119
Thank you very much brotha.... ive messed with fuel a little ill send you both tunes and ive had to add fuel to keep running..... first will be og tune and the one ive changed

i did not ill go grab my phone ive been outside messing with car give me a minuts

alrighty man that number is sacred,,, guard it with passion.. haha ,, but before you go firing her off again we should wait for steve to return to stangnet.. theres a few things you and him need to go over... one being your wideband set up.. and grounding for the wideband..

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user
Ok so a few things, In the datalog the AFR numbers look just fine. Well sort-of....

Lets look at a picture from the datalog.
Medusa snip.PNG

What i want you to focus on is the injector PW in the top chart, thats how long the injectors are staying open and the VE1 value at the bottom, thats how much fuel [with other factors] that the ecu is commanding. Notice how they are relatively stable, this means that fuel delivery is stable... But when we look at the AFR value in the bottom chart it is all over the place, we need to remedy this issue.

I want you to check these things for me.
- with the engine off key on [KOEO] the AFR on both the WB gauge and in TS should be the same value and should move together. If they are not then there is an issue somewhere. Likely it is in the sensor ground or signal wiring between the WB and the MS2.

- make sure that the plugs are not fouled, a miss-fire on an engine will look like a lean spike in the WB.

Lets start with these items first before we move forward.

Ok so a few things, In the datalog the AFR numbers look just fine. Well sort-of....

Medusa snip.PNG

What i want you to focus on is the injector PW in the top chart, thats how long the injectors are staying open and the VE1 value at the bottom, thats how much fuel [with other factors] that the ecu is commanding. Notice how they are relatively stable, this means that fuel delivery is stable... But when we look at the AFR value in the bottom chart it is all over the place, we need to remedy this issue.

- with the engine off key on [KOEO] the AFR on both the WB gauge and in TS should be the same value and should move together. If they are not then there is an issue somewhere. Likely it is in the sensor ground or signal wiring between the WB and the MS2.

- make sure that the plugs are not fouled, a miss-fire on an engine will look like a lean spike in the WB.

you think maybe the voltage input for the custom wideband values is wrong... the manual said 0v, 10.0afr and 4.99v 18.5.1 but that AEM manual has a few different voltages... so if you have the proper voltage per afr for that gauge thats probably the fix needed... the chart says 0v- 10.0afr and 4.99v =19.98 afr.. unless thats the aem ems calcultaions

Medusa snip.PNG

ok i deff grounded the wide band on a good ground i had gone over the hook up for proper sensor wire and seems correct,,, the car just seems very lean like a lean popping while idling if you look i had it idling pretty good at one point but heard it lean popping at idle so i tried to add fuel and surged bad and stalled' thnx Wilky

Yeah the only issue is that popping does not mean that it is necessarily lean, the WB will read lean if the engine has a missfire. It will dump the raw fuel into the exhaust and it will pop....

according to the AEM 30-4110 instructions as long as you installed the white wire to the MS you are good to go, unless the connection is bad. a bad or poor splice is common even for the best of us.. where did you take the WB wiring? and did you unplug the factory O2 sensors?? this is important as the factory sensor input will mess with the WB voltage input. The system is capable of using the nerst cell narrow band sensors the factory did, they are great for an economy tune.. but we dont want them in this install.

If the O2 harness is still installed remove it please. Or at least unplug it and see if the WB reading on Tuner Studio cleans up.

Yeah the only issue is that popping does not mean that it is necessarily lean, the WB will read lean if the engine has a missfire. It will dump the raw fuel into the exhaust and it will pop....

according to the AEM 30-4110 instructions as long as you installed the white wire to the MS you are good to go, unless the connection is bad. a bad or poor splice is common even for the best of us.. where did you take the WB wiring? and did you unplug the factory O2 sensors?? this is important as the factory sensor input will mess with the WB voltage input. The system is capable of using the nerst cell narrow band sensors the factory did, they are great for an economy tune.. but we dont want them in this install.

If the O2 harness is still installed remove it please. Or at least unplug it and see if the WB reading on Tuner Studio cleans up.
we will prob have to speak on the phone lol. the car has been through a transformation for sure

Hey hey we have a good log here guys thanx for all the help so far

Yes sir that was a WAY WAY better time then before... she running almost like a top now... sounded great over the phone... alot better then it did.. but i think your idle screw maybe in to far still cause your idle advance is still trying to pull timing when its idling low.. so somethings keeping the revs up and idle advance is fighting to knock it down

I see that the issues are not fixed.

check out the battery voltage, notice how it is only 12v with the engine running but it goes up to 15+ with the koeo... unless there was a battery charger on the car causing this. I still think there is a voltage/ground issue.

This is your car. Notice all the static on the AFR guage when the car is not running..... your WB reading is completely unusable. The running voltage on the engine is low in the 12v range and cranking I see it drop down to 6-7 volts. The voltage actually goes up when the car is not running. according to the ECU that is. there is a wiring issue, where does the ECU get power from? I assume you are using the EEC relay and the ECU is seeing power directly from the battery when the engine is running... if the ECU is being powered directly by the ignition switch then it is wrong.
medusa battery voltage issue..PNG

For reference here is a snip from a random datalog. notice the AFR and the Batt voltage.
Medusa comparo.PNG

Last edited:

check out the battery voltage, notice how it is only 12v with the engine running but it goes up to 15+ with the koeo... unless there was a battery charger on the car causing this. I still think there is a voltage/ground issue.

This is your car. Notice all the static on the AFR guage when the car is not running..... your WB reading is completely unusable. The running voltage on the engine is low in the 12v range and cranking I see it drop down to 6-7 volts. The voltage actually goes up when the car is not running. according to the ECU that is. there is a wiring issue, where does the ECU get power from? I assume you are using the EEC relay and the ECU is seeing power directly from the battery when the engine is running... if the ECU is being powered directly by the ignition switch then it is wrong.

For reference here is a snip from a random datalog. notice the AFR and the Batt

For reference here is a snip from a random datalog. notice the AFR and the Batt voltage.
Medusa comparo.PNG

there was a charger on the car,. and his wideband in the car was reading 13.4-13.8 i must have the wrong afr volts table in the wb settings still.. its using the voltage chart out of the manual for his gauge so i duno whats up