Megasquirt Digital Dash

New Ford Racing Dashboards that we built

1638899228943.png

1638899260190.png

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I NEED ONE OF THESE! How plug and play are they?
They’re pretty straightforward. Power, ground, and a switched 12v is all it takes. You can tie it into the wiring so when you open the door it turns on but I didn’t bother with that.

Has a usb so it just plugs into a megasquirt and displays the dashboard, really just a single wire.

I ended up depinning some of my original gauge cluster harness and used the wires to power led lights which I inserted into holes I drilled into the bezel. These are for turn signal and high beam indicators. The leds were honestly the trickiest part as the leads off the diodes are so small it’s easy to break them when putting the bezel back on. As far as the fuel gauge goes, there is a good diagram these guys made for getting fuel level to read on the dash. It’s another wire you’ll need to use off the original cluster harness.

Word on the street is they’re coming up with another version that doesn’t involve as much modification to the original harness, and is more “plug and play.” Honestly though, the wiring and everything only takes a couple hours if you know what you’re doing, and can be installed in far less time if you’re not worried about turn signal and hi beam indication lights.

These are pretty cool.

As much as a purist as I am, i wouldn't mind something like this in the future. I assume the odometer can be programmed as needed? Keeping record of my mileage is important to me (even if i'll never sell the car).

These are pretty cool.

As much as a purist as I am, i wouldn't mind something like this in the future. I assume the odometer can be programmed as needed? Keeping record of my mileage is important to me (even if i'll never sell the car).
Yessir. With ms2 we use GPS based speed and odometer. With ms3 (stinger pimpx ect ) if you have the vss or a speed sensor installed we can help you make an odometer and even set the start mileage

I have been working on this one for a while, and is modeled after the LaFerrari dashboard. I have made the center section of the RPM gauge color changeable, so I have the classic yellow for Ferrari along with the red. Curious of everyone's thoughts on this one?

1639000559398.png

1638999507936.png

I'd like something similar to this setup but less 'busy'. No emblems, logos, etc...

1642043074036.png

This would look best with a flat black background.

I know... I'm boring. :)

Just as an example, I really like this kind of setup:

1642043192045.png

Question: With the hardware/software that you have, how much flexibility do you have to say... draw your own gauges and bezels?

Also: Do you have the abilty to rotate the gauge images so that all the needles point straight up and down at cruise? (Race style)

You can rotate the gauges however you want. The dash designer has all sorts of customizable options.

The white gauge faces become a pain in the nighttime. Black gauge faces are much easier on the eyes.

I’m sure the brightness can be adjusted though.

I'd like something similar to this setup but less 'busy'. No emblems, logos, etc...

1642043074036.png

This would look best with a flat black background.

I know... I'm boring. :)

Just as an example, I really like this kind of setup:

1642043192045.png

Question: With the hardware/software that you have, how much flexibility do you have to say... draw your own gauges and bezels?

Also: Do you have the abilty to rotate the gauge images so that all the needles point straight up and down at cruise? (Race style)
That is no problem with the customization of the dashboard. The logo is just a background image that can be removed and then you can change the gauge background color and dashboard background to anything that you want.

I try to have the gauges point straight up too just like you want by tweaking the min and max readings.

I can always whip something up for you if you want

That is no problem with the customization of the dashboard. The logo is just a background image that can be removed and then you can change the gauge background color and dashboard background to anything that you want.

I try to have the gauges point straight up too just like you want by tweaking the min and max readings.

I can always whip something up for you if you want
I ask mostly out of curiosity.

I used to help make one-off instrument replicas for flight simulators so, I think these kits are pretty cool.

I'm way too attached to my analog gauges in the Fox though. :D

1642188743894.png

(interwebs grab but same as mine cept for the auto)

I mean... The only thing I can think of that 'might' be a looks improvement here is amber-lit white-face gauges. :shrug:

It still boggles my mind that folks use to swap these dashes for Aero-Nose dashes. :nonono: Huge step down IMO.

1642189548156.png

Last edited:
Will you be updating the instructions to reflect how to install the pro dash with the blinkers high beams and fuel level?
Yes, we have a new page for new instructions and additional wiring diagrams as well

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, we have a new page for new instructions and additional wiring diagrams as well

I love your page and docs. I know what it takes to get to something that looks that good. :nice:

Reactions: 2 users