Missing and Flooding at weird temps

bagd67galaxie

Mar 31, 2006
Chatt.,TN
I have a 1967 Galaxie Fastback w/ a 91 EFI Swap. The Motor is stock Bottom end with B Cam 1.7 rollers , Gasket matched GT40 heads, Cobra upper and lower and stock Throttle body and 65mm mass air, o yea stock thermastat. Thats a lil of FYI.

Now heres the deal. Car runs and idles great (but running a little fat at idle) from temp range of 0- 110 degrees. After 110 to about 155 the car misses and pops and runs like someone yanked all the plug wires off. Once car getts to operating temp all problems seem to go away.

I have replaced every sensor that I know to replace. O2's , tps, dist, module and all..

Please help! This thing is driving me nuts. What do I need to check replace???

Thanks

Jason
[email protected]

• Sponsors (?)

Any codes (CEL need-not be on for soft codes to be in the KAM)?

Have you ohmed out your ECT, especially in the sweet spot of crappy idling to see if it's within spec?

Good luck.

Ill check it tonight when I get off work,,, What is the norm on the resistance on the ECT? Pulled codes (2 days ago) and got EGR selenoid and replaced it and havent gotten any since. Still same issue as present..

Thanks for the info!

Ill check it tonight when I get off work,,, What is the norm on the resistance on the ECT? Pulled codes (2 days ago) and got EGR selenoid and replaced it and havent gotten any since. Still same issue as present..

Thanks for the info!

Per Jrichker:

Jrichker said:
68 degrees F = 3.02 v
86 degrees F = 2.62 v
104 degrees F = 2.16 v
122 degrees F = 1.72 v
140 degrees F = 1.35 v
158 degrees F = 1.04 v
176 degrees F = .80 v
194 degrees F = .61

Ohms measures at the computer with the computer disconnected, or at the sensor with the sensor disconnected.
50 degrees F = 58.75 K ohms
68 degrees F = 37.30 K ohms
86 degrees F = 27.27 K ohms
104 degrees F = 16.15 K ohms
122 degrees F = 10.97 K ohms
140 degrees F = 7.60 K ohms
158 degrees F = 5.37 K ohms
176 degrees F = 3.84 K ohms
194 degrees F = 2.80 K ohms

Source:
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=534062

Good luck.

HISSIN50,

Thanks for the help!

ECT checks good. ACT also checks good. Still the weird temp change missing issue. Pulled codes just now and nothing. Could it be Idle Air ? Ive checkd the mass by specs posted in previous topics and its good also. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Where do I go now?

Thanks again,

Jason