Mm Torque Arm And Exhaust

stykthyn

I want to measure mine. It doesn't look that tall.
15 Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
gainesville
I just picked up a mm torque arm and it's a lot beefier than I thought it would be. Makes me wonder if there is room to run tails. Anyone have this piece installed and running tail pipes? It's already tight with my 315 tires in the back. There is ZERO room for adjustment.

• Sponsors (?)

This question is 33% of the reason as to why I do not have a third member. The other 2/3s are time and money. lol

Make sure you post pics as you go. :)

Ever notice how many 3s there are when you talk about a Torque arm on a Fox? :chin
Perhaps they're SUPPOSED to all go together.

Yep.... There's ur problem riiiiiiiiiiiiiight there:

problem.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Is it just me or does grover look guilty in that pic?!!?

I picked this up from another guy and I dont have the PH bar although it is on my list.
Lx cars just look naked without tails would love to keep mine if I could.

Is it just me or does grover look guilty in that pic?!!?

I picked this up from another guy and I dont have the PH bar although it is on my list.
Lx cars just look naked without tails would love to keep mine if I could.

For me... What you come up with will determine if I ever try the torque arm. I think I can make a pretty damned good 4-link... at least good to the point where I "know" that the tails become WAY more important. hehe

to be honest it may be a while until I get it installed. its not on my list of priorities at the moment and my welder and lift access are 5 hours away. I am also in need of a new mid pipe. My mac POS h pipe is done for. would an x be a better fit? I've been eyeballing a dr gas x pipe for years now and since they are all custom fit it may be the better option.
whatever happens I will definitely take pics and document the install. its either this or do an IRS conversion. I have never been happy with the 4 link set up in the mustang. My Z28 had a tq arm and panhard from the factory and it was worlds better. trying to mimic that set up and the MM parts are far more substantial than what was on my camaro so I can only hope the rear will now handle as well if not better than what the camaro did.

to be honest it may be a while until I get it installed. its not on my list of priorities at the moment and my welder and lift access are 5 hours away. I am also in need of a new mid pipe. My mac POS h pipe is done for. would an x be a better fit? I've been eyeballing a dr gas x pipe for years now and since they are all custom fit it may be the better option.
whatever happens I will definitely take pics and document the install. its either this or do an IRS conversion. I have never been happy with the 4 link set up in the mustang. My Z28 had a tq arm and panhard from the factory and it was worlds better. trying to mimic that set up and the MM parts are far more substantial than what was on my camaro so I can only hope the rear will now handle as well if not better than what the camaro did.

From what I've read, you're better off fabbing one... The crossover to accommodate that torque arm, I mean.

This is one of those mods that everyone wants and shies away from. Groverdill is one of the few people I have seen do this. Shaolin was the other, in fact he sold me the unit. Neither of them ran tails since they had GTs. You can only bolt on so many parts. I guess its time to roll up the sleeves and get dirty. It's going to be fab o'clock in this bitch. I was planning on resurrecting my AC but will likely do this instead. As per my last thread my car handles like chit and the arm came with H&R springs which is why I jumped on it. Time to kill two birds with one stone. If worse comes to worse from what I have read an IRS cat back "should" work. that may be the direction I take.

Reactions: 1 user
I just charged the ac in my vert. It was converted by a dealership but bled off before i got it i think i found the leak. Will see if it last.

I pulled the compressor off when I rebuilt the engine. the system was dead when I bought the car. I need to pull the dash to replace the evaporator and heater core. I've been putting that off for the last two years.

I dont believe its broken, but I really have no way to know. I can assume its good even though its been sitting open for a couple of years now. Heater core is broken. snapped the return tube off last year replacing a hose.

As long as the connections are useable just replace orings on it. Id replace all orings. Pull vac on the system if it holds 20 mins or so you know theres no leaks. Charge it.