Most desirable factory foxbody colors?

91GTstroked

15 Year Member
Jun 14, 2007
Hey guys,

I'm curious what some of you think are the most desirable factory paint colors? There seems to be quite a few that you really don't see that often.

I did have a 92 coupe for a short time that was medium titanium. I should have kept that one.

Since these are getting harder to find in great condition, maybe color isn't a huge deal anymore?

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Mine is bright red. Bought it last year and I hated it at first and intended on changing it but then felt bad about changing what’s been left alone and in good shape and the original color for 30 years and I Didnt want to open a can of worms with door jams and engine bay not matching after changing the color (unless ya pay a whole lot more for those extras) so I kept the red and now it’s really grown on me and I now love it. Not saying it’s the best color. Only sharing my thoughts on bright red. If I had to do it again I wouldn’t shy away from red. When it’s clean and waxed it looks great like all other colors. Personal decision. Not sure you can go wrong with any color. They are all nice!
I had two with the dark metallic blue color also and loved that as well. My personal favorite is probably white or titanium. Heck, even the emerald green! Oh and the darker candy apple looking red color. lol love em all!

93 Cobra teal
Reef blue (solid color on LXs)
Reef blue/titanium on GTs
Emerald green/titanium
Calypso green
Many shades of red (vibrant, electric red, vermillion)
Chrome yellow

If I bought a Fox new, it would be a Reef Blue/Titanium GT with grey interior.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
93 Cobra teal
Reef blue (solid color on LXs)
Reef blue/titanium on GTs
Emerald green/titanium
Calypso green
Many shades of red (vibrant, electric red, vermillion)
Chrome yellow

If I bought a Fox new, it would be a Reef Blue/Titanium GT with grey interior.
I did try to buy a reef blue/titanium GT off a guy on corral. It has 37k miles. He's been trying to sell it for months. He was set at 30k, I agreed on 28k. Then he didn't want to deal with me not local.

So he puts it on BaT with no reserve. It sells for 24k and the deal falls through. Now he has it on ebay at 31k obo.

I like your choice of colors. One day I'll add a GT to the stable.

Here are the colors..... a whole lot more than many people relize or have probably not seen:
1C4C1C7A-0005-4FD2-8E77-BF234A66ED7A.png
D35F5639-DEB0-497D-AE74-40DBE6FF0D1C.png

My '90 paint code is code YF, with black interior. According to the Marti Report, there are a total 33 built in this exterior/interior color combination. Such a beautiful color. You just don't see this color. Here's a pic of her.

Attachments

• IMG_0267.PNG
    IMG_0267.PNG
    2.8 MB · Views: 140
Reactions: 5 users
Light Regatta Blue
Strawberry Red
Vermillion Red
Calypso
I was always partial to some of the two/tone GT's as well. Owned 2 white/gray GT's back in the day.

Favorite Mustang color of all for me is Chameleon that came on the Cobra, love to paint a car that color one day

The above LMR paint chart has a lot of errors. Here is the corrected version.

Attachments

• 50RestoPaintGuideNoLetters.jpg
    50RestoPaintGuideNoLetters.jpg
    370.7 KB · Views: 150
My most disliked color: black

Colors of 5 of the 7 cars I’ve owned: black
I have a love hate relationship with black cars. So hard to keep clean but they look so good the rare moments they are actually really clean and at night.

I don’t know if this is an original color available on any year Fox but I love this shade:
E500D492-8F2D-418E-9E0A-D79739CFB0D8.jpeg

Reef
Teal
Calypso
Titanium frost
Bimini blue
Twilight blue
Mimosa yellow
Wild strawberry
Electric red
Cabernet red