Most desirable factory foxbody colors?

• Sponsors (?)

My car is a 1993 LX SSP Coupe. It is Royal Blue, a 1993 only color. The paint code is LA. There were only 372 coupes made in this color. I would say there were probably less than 5 SSP's produced in this color. I have only seen/heard of 1 other, but there may be more.

93 SSP.jpg

20220102_152819.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
My car is a 1993 LX SSP Coupe. It is Royal Blue, a 1993 only color. The paint code is LA. There were only 372 coupes made in this color. I would say there were probably less than 5 SSP's produced in this color. I have only seen/heard of 1 other, but there may be more.

93 SSP.jpg
That sir is a nice ride! And probably pretty rare. My 90 coupe is a former fhp ssp. It's been painted Ford true blue.

It is a nice color. But I prefer factory foxbody colors.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191116-203808.png
    Screenshot_20191116-203808.png
    1,019.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20200430_102950862.jpg
    IMG_20200430_102950862.jpg
    771.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Loved It!
Reactions: 2 users
Mstng93SSP said:
The 372 number on your report is for both the 'paint' (LA) and 'trim' (D6) code. Including your car, so far we know of twelve 1993 SSPs with (LA) Royal Blue paint.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I like white vehicles so white gets my vote. My first foxbody was an 86 LX which was black and as noted prior, when cleaned and waxed looked great.

I like all of the colors though, it keeps things interesting.

My buddy's 92 LX is wild strawberry, which I always liked. My 87 GT is medium cabernet, which is also growing on me the longer I own it.

Reactions: 1 user
I like white vehicles so white gets my vote. My first foxbody was an 86 LX which was black and as noted prior, when cleaned and waxed looked great.

I like all of the colors though, it keeps things interesting.

My buddy's 92 LX is wild strawberry, which I always liked. My 87 GT is medium cabernet, which is also growing on me the longer I own it.
I agree. My first was a oxford white 91 gt. So I'm definitely partial to that color.

I specifically bought my car because Reef Blue was a one year color, and also my favorite. To me, the GT trim absolutely has to have the lower titanium combo too. I wish my interior were gray, or white, but it's black. I haven't done the research but I'm guessing that was a rarer combo as well. Note: I upgraded to a cloth top when getting it replaced. Also added the 3M stripe decal on the GT moulding. Added the spoiler as well; PO had already removed the luggage rack, otherwise I'm sure I would've left it in place.

01.jpg

02.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
I wonder what happened to that guy who's house burned, and his car got a little blistered. The blue, and silver GT. Remember he had the body shop do a crappy job, and he was reporting on it. That was a nice car with good colors.

I specifically bought my car because Reef Blue was a one year color, and also my favorite. To me, the GT trim absolutely has to have the lower titanium combo too. I wish my interior were gray, or white, but it's black. I haven't done the research but I'm guessing that was a rarer combo as well. Note: I upgraded to a cloth top when getting it replaced. Also added the 3M stripe decal on the GT moulding. Added the spoiler as well; PO had already removed the luggage rack, otherwise I'm sure I would've left it in place.

01.jpg

02.jpg
Awesome car! I'm surprised you don't like the black. Seems to be what most people want. I'm happy my Reef Blue LX Hatch has black interior, but I'd be fine with grey as well.

After having a black interior for as long as i have, if i were to order a Fox new and spec it out the way I wanted, i would choose gray.

Black photographs well, but it shows every spec of dirt/dust, makes the interior seem smaller, and gets hot as hell on sunny days.

The gray interior on these cars looks very clean and neutral.

• Loved It!
After having a black interior for as long as i have, if i were to order a Fox new and spec it out the way I wanted, i would choose gray.

Black photographs well, but it shows every spec of dirt/dust, makes the interior seem smaller, and gets hot as hell on sunny days.

Try having a white interior. It doesn't even weather the same across panels and seats.

I can see the black being more of a pain to keep clean. I'll be cleaning mine with a Bissell spot clean pro machine. I just did some grey seats and it was fairly easy. They turned out good.

Looks like there was 1272 painted reef blue and only 277 had the black interior according to my Marti report. So, black is a little more rare. I'll take it.

My car was one of 367 with Oxford white and sand beige interior. Per Marti report

Attachments

• 42AF0E49-77CE-42AB-9D21-32174E064CDE.png
    42AF0E49-77CE-42AB-9D21-32174E064CDE.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 56