Most desirable factory foxbody colors?

1988. I’ll have to take some Thais weekend for you. The only ones I have now are when I first bought it. It was pretty crusty, rather not share those. :nono: There interior is in good shape though, minus some tearing on the driver seat bolster.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

After having a black interior for as long as i have, if i were to order a Fox new and spec it out the way I wanted, i would choose gray.

Black photographs well, but it shows every spec of dirt/dust, makes the interior seem smaller, and gets hot as hell on sunny days.

The gray interior on these cars looks very clean and neutral.
Last summer in my town i saw a black saleen vert (had to be 87-89), top down, gold basket weaves and decals, sand/beige interior, halo headrests.
I have to say, i loved it. If you asked me 20 years ago if i wanted that color interior i would have made some snarky comment, but with black it looked pretty amazing (at least on a vert) especially combined with the halo flofits (or maybe recaros).

For me, gotta be black. I am a little biased ;-)
(Yes, it includes some rattle can work. Yes, that's the wrong door trim. It's a "work in progress"!)

1989_Mustang_GT_fall2021.jpg

I'm a fan of the dark shadow metallic blue color of my daily driver... it pretty much looks black from 10 feet out except when it is in direct sun shine.

Attachments

• IMG_20170331_183243439_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170331_183243439_HDR.jpg
    496 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: 1 users
Reef blue? Had a 93gt in the same color combo with opal interior, would have kept it longer if it wasn't a sunroof car... Honestly wouldn't mind doing a 93 cobra clone in that 2 tone vs solid teal (reef blue). The clear on the metalic colors didn't hold up well on the majority of fox bodies unless they where garage kept.

Reactions: 1 user