Mustang gt 2007, car wont start after uploading custom tune

Edgarpokemon

Jul 5, 2018
Texas
I had uploaded a custom tune from bama, and the car now does not want to start. When i try to turn the engine on, six dashes are shown on the odometer, and my tuner does not recognizes my car. When i try to return to stock, it asks me to put the ignition key on, which i do, but the tuner does not recognizes that the key is on. I contacted bama to verify that the computer code i sent was correct, which it was. I then contacted sct to help me but they said that they could not write a recovery file, because the pcm is locked, and the anti theft light is blinking. They told me to contact ford to reflash my pcm. I contacted a company that fixes pcms to reflash it for me.

What could have caused the tune to fail? I was reading online, and some people say that having the battery not fully charged causes this type of problems. Before i uploaded the tune, i had the battery disconnected for two weeks, could that have caused the problem? The voltage on my battery reads 12.47 volts. How are these tunes from bama suppose to be installed? I once returned the car to stock usimg the sct x4 and it worked fine.

• Sponsors (?)

Another thing i should mention is that when i was uploading the tune, the sct x4 was showing that the tune was uploading, and then it say to turn the key off. Now i remember that when i did the stock tune, the tuner uploaded, and then downloaded the tune. But with the custom tune, it did not downloaded anything. It just uploaded the tune.

When it failed did you try reloading the tune?

Honestly I'm not really sure what the issue would be...could be due to the battery being disconnected, I don't know. I had issues with tunes not loading correctly the first time I tried, but after a second try everything was good.

When it failed did you try reloading the tune?

Honestly I'm not really sure what the issue would be...could be due to the battery being disconnected, I don't know. I had issues with tunes not loading correctly the first time I tried, but after a second try everything was good.

I tried to return the car to stock, but the tuner does not recognizes that the ignition key is on.
One thing i noticed is that I ordered a sct rev-x tuner, but I got a sct X4 by mistake i suppose. I did not noticed until after i installed the custom tune. The questionnaire that bama has when requesting a tune, they have that I have a rev-x tuner, with a serial number. However, I do not have a rev-x tuner, and the serial number that they have on the custom tune does not match the one on my tuner. Could the problem be that they gave me a custom tune for a rev-x tuner and not for a x4 tuner?

I had uploaded a custom tune from bama, and the car now does not want to start. When i try to turn the engine on, six dashes are shown on the odometer, and my tuner does not recognizes my car. When i try to return to stock, it asks me to put the ignition key on, which i do, but the tuner does not recognizes that the key is on. I contacted bama to verify that the computer code i sent was correct, which it was. I then contacted sct to help me but they said that they could not write a recovery file, because the pcm is locked, and the anti theft light is blinking. They told me to contact ford to reflash my pcm. I contacted a company that fixes pcms to reflash it for me.

What could have caused the tune to fail? I was reading online, and some people say that having the battery not fully charged causes this type of problems. Before i uploaded the tune, i had the battery disconnected for two weeks, could that have caused the problem? The voltage on my battery reads 12.47 volts. How are these tunes from bama suppose to be installed? I once returned the car to stock usimg the sct x4 and it worked fine.

The same thing happened to me with a BAMA Tune about a year ago,I tried to upgrade my Throttle Body from stock to GT350 TB, and when I was ready to receive my message to my OBD, somehow things went haywire and knocked the Power Steering, and BAMA and SCT played stupid, but my Dealership fixed it through my warranty for my 2017 Mustang. But I do think back that maybe I did not disconnect my battery post... but nonetheless...I do not ever want to touch anything BAMA related again, also American Muscle also stepped in and reimbursed me the price of the tuner, that saved everything between me and AM