Mustang II shorty headers, JBA 1615

Does anyone have an experience with the JBA 1615 block hugger universal header for 289/302? They show that they will work for the II’s and I’ve reached out to the tech support at Jegs and Summit and they have confirmed they should work. That said, I’m still skeptical as I’ve never seen any shortys or universals work for the II’s.

• Sponsors (?)

The passenger side might fit, and I do mean might.

There's no way in hell the driver's side is going to clear the steering shaft though.

1581711515973.png

71y0JMEZFuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I was thinking about buying this headers to try if they fit:

But then decided to use the manifolds of my 66 mustang (which fit very good). Because this headers are used to fit the early stangs (similar to the manidolfs) I would give them a try, if I want to upgrade. Another advantage for my build: they clear the sparkplugs of GT40p heads.
Here is the version for normal spark plug position:

In this thread there are pictures in a early stang with Mustang II steering rack:

So... they might fit.;)

But then decided to use the manifolds of my 66 mustang (which fit very good). Because this headers are used to fit the early stangs (similar to the manidolfs) I would give them a try, if I want to upgrade. Another advantage for my build: they clear the sparkplugs of GT40p heads.

In this thread there are pictures in a early stang with Mustang II steering rack:

So... they might fit.;)
I dunno, in that pic, it looks like their steering shaft is directly below the master cylinder, and that header barely clears. The II's steering shaft is a few inches towards the passenger side from the master cylinder.

The angles are different, and it's hard to tell much from a picture, but I guess there's no way to know but to try.

So... they might fit.;)

I don't know...... It looks like the driver side header collector is positioned too high, too far back, and pointed at too high of an angle - clearance to the firewall looks like it will be the problem. And even if they fit, you'll still have to figure out a way for the exhaust pipe to run. I'm not going to say that they won't fit but I wouldn't put money on them working.