Build Thread Mustang5L5's Build Thread -

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Ok, decided to rebleed the brakes. I bled the front two calipers and the MC using a slightly different technique. I did manage to get a tiny bubble out of one caliper and out of one of the MC ports. Then it started downpouring so I didn't get to the rear brakes. Took car for drive and pedal feels WAAY better. Still not where I think it should be. It doesn't have that progressive "bite" where just a little pressure once braking will stop the car faster.

WHen it dries up, i'll rebleed the rears. It could also be that the rear brakes are just junk. The rotors were heavily rusted up when i got the car so i "cleaned" them by driving with one foot on the brake "wiping" the rotors clean. Pads/rotors coule just need to be replaced.

I'll give them a few miles to bed in fully now that I have better pressyre and evaluate. I'm hesitant to drop $100 on a set of rotors/pads for the rears when i want to upgrade to the cobra brakes out back down the road.

Question:

I don't recall what brakes it was that I was looking at but I have run into a set before where the bleed screws were not positioned at the highest point in the caliper. It trapped air in a small cavity above the bleed screw.

Is this possible with whatever combination of parts that you're currently using?

I raised 4 kids. Never owned a minivan. Just 4 door sedans.
I could not in good conscience own a minivan and call myself a man.
Kids lived. Nobody died.
I was also a prick about eating/drinking in the car. It. Did. Not. Happen.
You can wait.
Just like you wait to get out of the car to take a piss.
Again, nobody died.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
SUV's are fine, even a full size van is fine... a minivan is a bridge too far and I will NEVER have one or let my wife get one and park it here. I don't even get in them unless it is absolutely unavoidable. One time on a work trip in VA I had my own rental and a group of us had to go across town to a different building and one of the vendors (who also had a rental) told me "just ride with us, there's plenty of room in here" to which I simply replied "I do not get in minivans, I'll meet you there". They started laughing and thought I was kidding, I wasn't and they could not understand at all.

I mean…I kinda drive a mini-van.

IMG_3861.jpeg

What’s funny is I’m not a fan of this thing at all, but it’s current sitting at 100k miles and I haven’t done a thing to it, just routine maintainance. It rides so smooth over bumps and will do 80 very comfortably. Still…it’s just not “me”.

Interestingly enough I dont miss the Taurus. Haven’t thought about it at all. I picked up the 2000 GT at the same time I ditched it so I guess that kinda distracted me. But at the same time I want to start looking forward to my next DD.

My wife absolutely loves her ‘24 CRV btw. I personally was indifferent to Honda, but after driving it a bit I really do like it. It’s comfortable to drive And has good tech. You guys would laugh if you saw the engine. It’s a 1.5L turbo and you can climb into the engine bay and access everything. Still, even with a 1.5 it can scoot up to 80 pretty easily. I took it to work the other day in stop and go traffic for 45 mins and used the adapter cruise and lane assist. No hands or feet for 45 min. Just sipped my coffee and watched the car drive itself. Oh and 34 MPG combined on 87 octane isn’t bad either.

I still want my Explorer ST. I’m still scared with all the issues Ford has with the explorer. What other 3-row SUVs that can tow 5k lbs and have more than 400hp are there? Not many….

Reactions: 1 user
Not much fox action. Having a blast driving the '00 in the brisk fall weather. But it's getting to the point where its almost time to put all Mustangs away.

I think i'm going to buy this over the winter. I know i already have my MS3X, but I like the idea of a machine-built plug and play unit vs my hand-built unit.

SO hopefully I can get to tuning this in the spring.

Couple more drives in this and I have a ton of parts to install on it. I admit, i've gotten heavily distracted by this car. But i have a short list of things i'd like to do to it and then it should be a good reliable cruise for the next few years. I figure i drive it to around 80K miles or so, and then sell it off. I'd like a Cobra convertible.
IMG_5769.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Hell Yeah!
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Welp, 29 degrees this AM. Not many days left to get it out.

Had to top off the battery a bit. Gonna try for one more drive this weekend and then I’ll park it for the winter

IMG_6027.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
I'm mad I didn't get to see your car at Foxtoberfest, this year. Fix that in '24.

Who gives a damn what the daily driver is? By all means, get the most utilitarian vehicle that's reliable and helps you save money that you can put back into your fox or other projects that will make you happy. I drove a Saturn for 9 years and it took totaling it for me to realize that I just don't need to worry about the couple grand/yr it was likely saving me. So, I'm back to driving a fox, but I only have myself to worry about, not a family that needs the extra space of something with more utility.

That MS box looks pretty damned sweet. It's got me thinkin' thoughts. I think I'll wait to hear back from you about how awesome, or not, it is. In the meantime, I hope to get some seat time with the Moates Quarterhorse, the MSD Digital 6+, & the nitrous installation. But after you get going on your MS3Pro PNP, maybe I'll join you and we can tackle learning to tune it together.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.