Build Thread Mustang5L5's Build Thread -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s the good stuff I’ve been waiting for.
77C03BB9-717A-4F5E-9FEF-0F492BA9641B.jpeg

looks like a quality piece. Also ordered a new set of Driveshaft bolts and an energy suspension poly mount. I’m going to go weigh them to see if there is a difference in weight.

Edit:
stock 4.7 pounds
Stifflers: 5.0 pounds

My 3 year old helped me clean and prep parts today. He will go as long as I let him and never wants to stop.
BF8745DC-AD54-441B-B816-DE8C774809BA.jpeg

gonna try to get the car setip off the ground and start putting this guy in. Considering I already had it mated up, I hope I can just get it in cleanly without much of a fight

0197E556-2708-4418-8B99-B3BDF14A82F6.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Ok. I have everything I need for the cruise install other than one piece. The column wiring harness.

So if anyone has an 84-89 parts car with tilt and cruise, I need the 3-finger contact harness with the black, purple and blue wire. Needs to be usable, and some are ground down to nubs. Thanks

65BB569B-4C4B-4AA9-8439-831BD0065062.png

Things to do later...

Reactions: 1 user
And look at that. Ford found it convienent to predrill the servo mount holes and give me hardware. It’s like they wanted me to put this cruise control setup in the car :)

Gotta say, having the fenders off makes this easy. No way would I do this if the car was whole

AF7B7BFD-9896-4AD3-B695-CA50F0553CE0.jpeg
0B10EA75-FF5F-4ED9-BF14-E6C542E994DA.jpeg

Trying to find time to work on this car is impossible. I keep tripping over the trans so I want it out of my way. Might have to take a half day of wirk and just get it done

Last edited:
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 2 users
I got too many irons in the fire!
I thought I gave you a shop of the harness you wanted, sometimes I just can't keep things straight.
IMG_20210119_165149.jpg
IMG_20210119_165209.jpg

Pm me your address and I get this in the mail
Now, who is scratch'n their head thinking WTF? I know I posted this aready.

Reactions: 1 users
Love seeing people help others on here. That’s what it’s about.

Man that's the truth. The help here is truly amazing. Renews my faith in humanity a little bit. This is how my old mustang click used to be. We all freely helped others in the group. If someone had to pay it was a very reasonable price.

Love seeing people help others on here. That’s what it’s about.
@JKWilson61 sent me some hardware at one point. And once I get this rear end sorted out, I’ll have plenty of stuff to pay it forward I hope.
This site has been awesome with help, info, humor..... whatever you need, it’s here!

Reactions: 1 user
Man that's the truth. The help here is truly amazing. Renews my faith in humanity a little bit. This is how my old mustang click used to be. We all freely helped others in the group. If someone had to pay it was a very reasonable price.
@General karthief hooked me me up with my oem air box for a reasonable price a few years back. Thanks again man!

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.