Build Thread Mustang5L5's Build Thread -

Status
Not open for further replies.
I more or less wanted the look of the nice polished Accufab vs the junkyard explorer TB. They have a 65MM version as well so I could get either. 65MM should be plenty of flow for N/A 302

Or I send off my TB to powdercoat the same color. Maybe polished is out of place? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I vote Accufab. You have polished ribs on the valve covers, a remotely blingy MC, and stainless brake lines. I don’t think a polished Accufab will look out of place. And the throttle response has to be better than a stock explorer unit, if no other performance gain matters.

Reactions: 1 users
Painted the 65mm Throttle body. Not sure the color choice is right. I do think I might spring for an Accufab 70mm polished, so I’m hesitant to spend the money to powdercoat this one.

what would you do?
ED5F2626-763A-4391-9C69-44165BE191FC.jpeg

Continuing to work on the wiring. Not much to report.
The Accufabs are REALLY nice,I was super impressed with mine.

Accufab, they are super nice and that's what I put on mine. Get the 70, as you don't want the TB to hold you back later even if it's fine for now. Also if you ever go say Coyote or something the resale on the 70 would be better than the 65 IMO (easier).

Reactions: 1 user
Started mocking stuff up. Some of it is temporary. Just trying to look to see if I need to buy anything or what I need to refurbish with paint and such

battery tray will be bought new.

STB is just sitting in place

AB5493B2-8739-4F40-B7FB-96BFD7E1EF69.jpeg
A40EE2C3-3923-42EE-B40B-92C3130FC8BA.jpeg
FCE14F32-7817-4A51-AAFC-81D5C87CCA68.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users
Ok. Accufab 70mm it is.

I'll put it on the list and buy it one of these days. I figure I can keep plugging along with the 65mm for now.

Just ordered a brand new NOS EGR valve, and a new Battery Tray. I need to take a day off from work this week and really focus on the wiring. Not the kind of thing I want to do piecemeal in my free 20mins here and there. I need to devise a plan for the routing, figure out what wires i'll need to extend and reloom some of the headlight harness as well.

Also...doesn't anyone have one of these?

I want to get the engine started, and then i'll rebuild the AC compressor. I'm just in the mindset that I need to hear this thing run right now, so that's what i'm working towards. Not even going to install the cooling system yet. I just need a quick 5 mins of idle with some revs. I really don’t want to buy a new one to idle the car a couple times

Ok. Accufab 70mm it is.

I'll put it on the list and buy it one of these days. I figure I can keep plugging along with the 65mm for now.

Just ordered a brand new NOS EGR valve, and a new Battery Tray. I need to take a day off from work this week and really focus on the wiring. Not the kind of thing I want to do piecemeal in my free 20mins here and there. I need to devise a plan for the routing, figure out what wires i'll need to extend and reloom some of the headlight harness as well.

I want to get the engine started, and then i'll rebuild the AC compressor. I'm just in the mindset that I need to hear this thing run right now, so that's what i'm working towards. Not even going to install the cooling system yet. I just need a quick 5 mins of idle with some revs. I really don’t want to buy a new one to idle the car a couple times
If you are just going to run the engine for a couple of minutes without the cooling system hookup, why even run a belt? Could you just have a battery charger connected to supply power?

Ok. Accufab 70mm it is.

I am running this AC delete on my car. Seems to work OK. Not as blingy as that ebay piece though..

Reactions: 1 user
I am running this AC delete on my car. Seems to work OK. Not as blingy as that ebay piece though..

thanks. That one will do fine. Was able to use a 25% off coupon too. I just need something cheap to work while I start it up and to iron out bugs.

eventually the ac compressor is going back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.