Build Thread Mustang5L5's Build Thread -

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

What’s the DD that’s starting to give you trouble?

2014 Ford Taurus Limited with about 140k miles now.

8DDB404A-9FA8-49F0-8C62-BF1F3CB89BDF.jpeg

Nice:nice: about 25 years ago I took one of the spare dog dish hubcaps I had for my 67 Coupe and made a clock. It sat in my moms basement till about two years ago when I brought it home. Battery corroded the terminals but it still worked till the beginning of this year when it finally died. I got a new mechanism off Amazon for like $8. Now it is in our family room.

Attachments

• 04AC380C-BB76-49C1-9EFF-C99D269EFDA5.jpeg
    04AC380C-BB76-49C1-9EFF-C99D269EFDA5.jpeg
    333.9 KB · Views: 38
Left work early. Had my 98 Cobra wheels in the trunk so stopped my my usual place and dismounted the tires and scrapped them. They were 20+ years old and cracked.

Gonna squirrel these away for now.

816CA6D9-56BB-4BBC-95DB-ADF1E348D1C0.jpeg

Got the fenders aligned and working on the front bumper and hood latch. Stay tuned. Might be able to drive around the neighborhood tomorrow….if I can find my license plates
Best wheels ever! I am actually on the east coast for the next few weeks and will be picking up my 2nd set of 98 Cobra rims from my friend in New Jersey. He bought them off marketplace and held them for me.

Reactions: 1 user
I have two sets. One in great condition, and one in not so great condition.

I have too many sets of wheels now. Now that my car is "done", I am taking a good look at my parts hoard and starting to downsize. I may sell off my 97 cobra wheels among other parts.

NOS headlights are going for good money these days. Maybe it's time to let mine go.

Last edited:
I agree with downsizing the parts pile. A lot of what I have collected is now a available as a new reproduction part so there is little demand for the used parts. Yes, original parts are probably better, but with how inexpensive the chinese repro parts are it's hard to sell original used parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.