Mustang5l5's Journal - More goodies

Mustang5L5

Car used in adult film "Highway Gangbang-InDaButt"
SN Certified Technician
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
That sucks. I hope it's not too rough for you. I caught that from my kids a few years ago. I ate nothing for about 4.5 days straight because it was just too painful.
Yeah, it's a fun time. Kiddo #1 got it about 2 months ago and gave it to me. We got through it, then kiddo #2 came down with it last week from his camp he went to last week. Sure as hell, I got the fever about a week later. Fever's gone now, hoping the rash doesn't appear now.

Had a bad skin peel from the first case, I still haven't recovered my fingerprints yet and all my phone apps won't recognize my thumbprint anymore.

• Sponsors (?)

Mustang5L5

SN Certified Technician
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
So after speaking with Jack, here are the springs he recommended I try in the rear to match my front coil overs

H&R super sport springs for 94-95 mustang
IMG_8936.JPG

He also recommended I try and track down a cobra 25mm rear sway bar. Part number f7zz-5a772-aa. Of course it's discontinued, so who knows if I can find one

Last edited:

95BlueStallion

Yo Adrian, I did it.
10 Year Member
Feb 22, 2007
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
More goodies from my favorite company.

View attachment 609619

Unfortunately I'm in bed with a 102 fever which is probably my second case of Hand,Foot and Mouth this summer. What a weird virus
Had that a couple years ago. I was told its very rare in adults, and similar to chicken pox in that you only get it once and your body builds an immunity to it... So if thats the case, youre that unlucky exception to the rule.

Mustang5L5

SN Certified Technician
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
It's not HFM. Something else.

HFM, strep throat and now this all in the span of two months :mad:

Mustang5L5

SN Certified Technician
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Haven't done much lately. I've been driving the car a lot actually. If it wasn't so damn humid, I'd take it to work.

But been doing some little stuff. Seat belt sleeves were scuffed up, so I ordered some repros. Color is a bit off. Unsure if it's enough to bother me and force me to hit it with some SEM black. Prob not.

Oem on right. Reproduction looks bluer. A little longer too since I got 87-89 style but doesn't affect anything
IMG_9131.JPG

IMG_9132.JPG

When assembled, not too bad. Looks better than the badly scratched drivers side original
IMG_9133.JPG

I also had a discount at reslinegoods for submitting some photos. So I ordered the leather dash cover. Only cost me $30 so let's give it a shot.

Mustang5L5

SN Certified Technician
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
That's the side that faces in. It's the other side that's scratched up.

Here's an old pic. See what I mean?
IMG_8605.JPG

Last edited:

95BlueStallion

Yo Adrian, I did it.
10 Year Member
Feb 22, 2007
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Sorry, I didnt mean you were OCD for buying them. I meant that the new one looked good in the car as is without SEM paint.

Mustang5L5

SN Certified Technician
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Ah. Gotcha. I agree, I'm gonna let it ride

02 281 GT

Agreed...My wife has great Boobs
5 Year Member
Feb 3, 2009
Wichita Falls, TX
Color looks good to me. I was wanting a buy a repro set of those to use in my Mercury, but I can't find anyone that makes blue ones.

Mustang5L5

SN Certified Technician
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Well this thing is a bit tricky to install. No good way to mark where to drill the holes.

IMG_9141.JPG

Davedacarpainter

I think I've messed my pants
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
Discordia
Well this thing is a bit tricky to install. No good way to mark where to drill the holes.

View attachment 610538
That’s kind of neat Mike. It’s about the only way to strengthen between the shock towers without a roll cage I would think.

Except for maybe an IRS, I guess the frame of it does something similar.

Area you going to modify the caps to cover the shocks now?

Mustang5L5

SN Certified Technician
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Yeah. Gonna buy a cheap set on eBay, trim them, paint them to match and mount.

Just need to finish mounting it. Raining this weekend so unsure if I can do a test drive.

Mounting car seat tether on right side and prob a fire extinguisher on the left.

Mustang5L5

SN Certified Technician
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Ok. It's in. Kinda a PITA. You drill one hole, test fit, mark, drill test fit. Had to assemble and disassemble the brace a few times. But it's in and solid. I didn't drive the car yet to see if it actually did anything.

IMG_9144.JPG

Gonna track down some cheap shock cover trims and cut those to fit and paint. My originals will go into my box of misc. black interior parts

Now need to track down a fire extinguisher for the left side, and a tether for the right.

Here's what I'm sort of doing. I really wanted to get a fire extinguisher into the car but never had any good ideas where to put it.
IMG_9136.JPG IMG_9145.jpg

darkfader

Feb 16, 2017
Davis, WV
Man your interior is so nice. I may have somehow missed your write up on your rear seats, are those covers on your fox seats or SN95 rear seats?

Mustang5L5

SN Certified Technician
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Man your interior is so nice. I may have somehow missed your write up on your rear seats, are those covers on your fox seats or SN95 rear seats?

Literally page 1 is where I did the rear seat. How this thread got started :)

Sn95 seat covers on the fox hatch seat frames. The seat bottom is the sn95 bottom, but it doesn't fit well. I have a fox bottom I plan to recover...but haven't decided in what just yet

darkfader

Feb 16, 2017
Davis, WV
Literally page 1 is where I did the rear seat. How this thread got started :)

Sn95 seat covers on the fox hatch seat frames. The seat bottom is the sn95 bottom, but it doesn't fit well. I have a fox bottom I plan to recover...but haven't decided in what just yet
Lol, derp. Thanks man