Mustang5l5's Progress Thread - Archived Progress thread '08-'20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realized I never unboxed this either. Figure I should inspect it. Really nice quality stuff.

I imagine as some point I'll change out the flowmasters. prob gain some power with the new heads

Reactions: 1 user

Here's what I got so far.

Tokico struts w/strut mounts : 28.8 lbs combined
Oe style springs from Mach 1: 20.4 lbs combined
MM k member with hardware and brace: 41.6 lbs
MM tubular street arms : 15.4 lbs combined

Some other misc stuff I have laying around

Mm panhard chassis mount : 10.4 lbs
Mm panhard bar...bar : 5.3 lbs
MM 4-pt brace for stock k member. 8.8 lbs

The k member itself is around 39 lbs, but the supplied brace and hardware bring it up a few more lbs. but using your numbers for the k member and stock arms it looks like the MM k member and a arms shave off 11.5 lbs. need to weigh the coil overs and Caster Camber plates when I remove them. Also need to weigh the strut tower brace.

Reference photo of the struts and strut mounts

Last edited:
damn it never weighed the cc plates neither

MM has a list of weights. For their C/C plates they claim 3lbs per side. I imagine that's pretty typical for all brands

Using their weights listed here, I've kinda calculated out what I've saved. I'll weight the parts later when I get them off, but:

Front struts, coil overs, springs, c/c plates = 38.8 LBS both sides.

So with the K member I get:
MM, k-member, a arms, struts, coil overs, springs, c/c plates = 95.8 LBS

100% Stock suspension stuff: 125.8 LBS

Difference: 30 LBS.

Reactions: 1 users
So trying something out.

Found a cheap seat cover for an 03-04 Cobra bottom rear. Previous owner removed it from seat improperly and damaged the foam. They figured without the foam it was useless..so I got it cheap.

So I broke out my 03-04 GT rear seat nobody wants and ripped that cover off

Wouldn't you know it? The cobra cover fits nicely. Velcro mounting strips are identical. Almost hog ringed down. Did I mention I really starting to like interior work?

Finished work...a mint Cobra seat bottom. Tossed the GT seat material on eBay.

Now to try something....

It's close, but the material and color is slightly off. Right now i'm debating if I recover the rear seat to match the front, or the front seat inserts to match the rear.

There is a downside to this though. The SN95 seat bottom doesn't really fit well in a fox, and I still need the cobra seat backs, and donor fox seat backs. At the end of the day, do I want to spend ~$400 or so to put an 03/04 cobra seat in the back that doesn't really fit or match well?

At the same time, I wasn't really crazy about the Corbeau rear seat pattern enough to put a gray insert in it. Still trying to decide how i'll do this without spending a mint.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Corbeau rear seat next to the Cobra.

As you can see, the pattern on the cobra seat is much more appealing. If I change out the inserts on the corbeau seat, that side material still would drive me crazy with the horizontal pattern

Decided to jump on the ATS brembo bandwagon and see what it's about. I know there are mixed feelings in this mod due to the modifications needed to mount them.

Decided to play around and see if I could find a better way to run these.

Probably not changing out my Corvette calipers at this time as I am 100% happy with the setup...but I'm curious.

$50/shipped....got a nice one from a recycler.

Yes the numbers look right Mike. There is a bit of loss with volume between the bore and above the ring only a few calculators consider this and it's only worth a couple of 100's which is only critical when calculating a spec motor. I use this one online:
Link

Status
Not open for further replies.